|Gridarta - Map Properties
|Development -> Gridarta - Map PropertiesMap Properties
This page explains the various attributes of the Map Properties modal window in Gridarta, which can be accessed by opening a map and pressing Ctrl + m or using the menu bar Map -> Map Properties:
- Name: Name of the map as it appears in the client. Client markup may be used.
- Background music: Background music. This must be an exact file name of one of the files in your client's media directory. You can see the full list here.
- Region: Name of the region the map is in. All maps should have a region, if only world - the top-parent region. You can find a list of the regions here.
- Width: Width of the map; all tiled maps must have the same width, and the default of 24 is used in most cases. If the map is not going to be tiled into other maps, it can be bigger or smaller.
- Height: Height of the map; same as the map width, all tiled maps must have the same height as well, and the default of 24 is used in most cases. If the map is not going to be tiled into other maps, it can be bigger or smaller.
- Outdoor: If enabled, the map is using the world darkness instead of the Darkness set in the Options panel - which should be left the default value in such case (-1).
- Fixed Reset: Do not use; use Fixed Reset Time instead.
Map Text panel:
- Contains the message box with text that is displayed on /mapinfo command. By default Gridarta adds the date of the creation and each change updates the date of modification, and it's best to leave it say that.
- Enter X/Y: X,Y positions on the map that can be used to force player to get transferred to upon login; requires to enable Fixed Login option as well.
- Difficulty: A value between 1-115; what level the map is meant for, if it has monsters. This affects the quality of their drops, especially books.
- Darkness: A value between -1 and 7. -1 means to use the default value, which is 7 and means full light. 0 is total darkness. Good values for dark caves are 2 and 3. If Outdoor is enabled, this option has no effect and should be left the default value of -1.
- Swap Time: How many ticks must elapse after the map has not been used before it gets swapped out. After the map is swapped out, it will be reset in Reset Timeout number of seconds, unless it gets loaded again. 0 is the default and translates to ~10 minutes. Do NOT change unless you know what you're doing.
- Reset Timeout: Number of seconds the map will reset in after it has been swapped out. 0 is the default and translates to 2 hours. Do NOT change unless you know what you're doing.
- No Save: The map will not be saved to disk. This is usually used in combination with exits that have unique destination option on, so the map is unique. This option effectively makes the unique map an instance, which resets in a while after the player has left it.
- No Magic: No magic allowed; either prayers or wizardry.
- No Prayers: Prayers cannot be used.
- No Harmful Spells: No harmful spells can be used (for example, firestorm, cause light wounds, magic bullet, etc). Usually used for towns.
- No Summoning: Currently does nothing.
- Fixed Login: If enabled, players who log in on the map will be transferred to Enter X/Y.
- Unique: Currently unused.
- Fixed Reset Time: If enabled, the map will reset in the specified reset time (by default 2 hours) regardless whether any players enter/leave it. Normally, such actions reset the counter back to the specified Reset Timeout.
- Players Cannot Save: Players cannot save on this map. This should NOT be used, unless the player has been forced to save before entering this map, or has not saved yet (tutorial). If unsure, do NOT use this option, because if used incorrectly, it can lead to a duplicating cheat.
- PvP Enabled: If enabled, PvP is possible on this map.
- Plugins: Deprecated option; do not use.