linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Keeping the website up to date
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping the website up to date  (Read 2565 times)
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« on: June 15, 2010, 07:13:51 pm »

I have noticed that there are new maps and game fixes ingame, but i have seen no mention of them on the website. i know that most that play know there are new things, but people looking at the website, seeing that things are being added on a regular basis, may be what gets them to download and try the game.

enjoy
David
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:52:17 am »

I was thinking that an easy way ( to me anyway) to have these updates posted would be to put a link on the main page. stating something like "newest additions/fixes  ingame". in that link just do a simple date and what was added or fixed. this would result in a list of things that have been done and a time line of how often. seeing that this game is being worked on and updated on a regular basis will bring in more players, especially the ones that get tired of waiting a long time for something to happen.

again Enjoy
David
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 07:24:52 am »

Hmm. How about a new child board called "Updates" for example in the Main Server board, with 5-10 latest updates appearing on the front page in a small box at right, above "Related websites"?

There is "Developers' Corner", but I think that board shouldn't be pulled from to the front page, as it often contains uninteresting things for the players (scripting changes, server logic changes, site updates, etc). So the "Updates" board would be for posts about content-like updates, with dd/mm/yy in front of each topic name, showing when the update was made.
Offline ghost101

Necroposter :P
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:41:15 pm »

sounds good to me

I keel yew.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:50:47 pm »

Ok, so will it be like the current motd?
~Kiana~
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 12:29:54 am »

Done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: