linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik Servers  >  Main Server
linktree Topic: Lag
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lag  (Read 1460 times)
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
Lag
« on: May 24, 2016, 01:44:08 am »

I made a character and started playing. I managed to get all the way up to the quest to either kill or calm the ants, on this character I decided to kill them. I managed to clear the first area by the ladder without any kind of issue with lag, but as soon as I started moving deeper into the dungeon around the area where you encounter the ant soldier I encountered heavy lag. Sometimes I can get as far as targeting him, killing him and that is it. While I'm fighting him I encounter lag while trying to move away or around from him. And after he is dead I can't move around for a while and movement is very very very slow.

I tested this on another character and was able to progress past this point when I chose to just calm the ants instead. I'm thinking it has something to do with the map or the quest?

EDIT:

On my new character I have come across a similiar problem the further I head into the Forgotten Mines, I had no problem progressing in the beginning but now I have encountered the same insufferable lag.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:12:01 am by Ghost »  Logged

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:42:57 pm »

thanks for the detailed information.

Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:25:53 am »

Thanks for the report, the issue was actually caused by the tapeworms disease - if you got infected, it would bring down your effective speed to 0.01 (the lowest possible), making it "laggy". The issue is now fixed, and will apply retroactively to existing characters.
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 09:24:45 pm »

Yes I can confirm, both instances happened right after or sometime after being infected with a disease. Never paid attention to which one I had however. Thanks for the fix, will get back to playing!

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: