linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  General Chat
linktree Topic: Some bugs I have found
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some bugs I have found  (Read 5088 times)
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« on: May 15, 2015, 09:56:32 pm »

I've found that I can walk on to all the roofs in Brynknot, Asteria, the Fort near Brynknot. I've noticed that instead of appearing under the gates of Greyton the character instead walks over the gate.

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 07:23:03 am »

Hi Ghost,

Thanks for reporting. I've added it to the issue tracker: https://github.com/atrinik/atrinik/issues/82

Regards,
Mamoru
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 09:40:41 am »

Do you mean that your character is half-visible when it would otherwise be obscured by the roof, like so: http://i.imgur.com/48poENd.png?

If so, this is on purpose; when a part of a living creature would be obscured by rocks, roofs, walls or anything else, it's instead rendered at half transparency. Otherwise you wouldn't know a monster was behind that wall, or where your character is when you're behind a building.

If you have a better way of solving that issue in an isometric view, short of 3D raytracing and/or culling (which IMHO doesn't look very good -- parts of roofs that just disappear and reveal empty holes in the building just so you can see that guard), feel free to share. :)
Offline Ghost

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 02:49:41 pm »

Oh okay. I never noticed a transparency. To be honest I was more focused on the awesome roofs. And what is the correct plural of roof?  :shifty:

Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 04:27:01 pm »

Roofs is correct in modern English, although rooves was also somewhat common in the past. Just like hoofs/hooves...
Offline Ghost

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 10:44:49 pm »

Well. What else besides roofs has been added? I noticed the new Talk windows and the minimap.

Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 09:05:57 am »

Off the top of my head, among the thousands of commits since 3.0:

- real interfaces for all NPCs
- a flexible quest system with a GUI editor instead of using Python to code the quests, also support for multi-multi-part quests (essentially any level of multi-) and repeatable (eg, daily) quests
- 3D map system (try going upstairs in some building and looking out of a window -- you will see the outside in real-time)
- 3D sounds and ambient sound effects
- new combat system (can only use one kind of a skill now instead of spam using spells, archery and melee all at once)
- new party system with a widget that updates hp/mana bars of party members in real time
- forced combat mode that will allow you to attack friendlies (press shift+c to toggle on/off)
- factions (if you attack an NPC in Brynknot for example, the guards will run to the NPC's aid, and if you kill the NPC you will get a bounty on your head, which can be cleared for a price by talking to a guard [who will stop you anyway if you approach with a bounty], or going to the Thieves Guild in Asteria to get it cleared for a lower price)
- wizards tower remake

And many others beside that I can't remember...
Offline Ghost

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 07:52:31 pm »

Off the top of my head, among the thousands of commits since 3.0:

- real interfaces for all NPCs
- a flexible quest system with a GUI editor instead of using Python to code the quests, also support for multi-multi-part quests (essentially any level of multi-) and repeatable (eg, daily) quests
- 3D map system (try going upstairs in some building and looking out of a window -- you will see the outside in real-time)
- 3D sounds and ambient sound effects
- new combat system (can only use one kind of a skill now instead of spam using spells, archery and melee all at once)
- new party system with a widget that updates hp/mana bars of party members in real time
- forced combat mode that will allow you to attack friendlies (press shift+c to toggle on/off)
- factions (if you attack an NPC in Brynknot for example, the guards will run to the NPC's aid, and if you kill the NPC you will get a bounty on your head, which can be cleared for a price by talking to a guard [who will stop you anyway if you approach with a bounty], or going to the Thieves Guild in Asteria to get it cleared for a lower price)
- wizards tower remake

And many others beside that I can't remember...

Speaking of Thieves Guild, this makes me think there could be a guild that specialize in killing people. For instance if they could give you jobs, or hits, so you can make some money and you have to kill NPCs that they give you a hit for. Ofc you will need ways to do this stealthily or you will get a hefty bounty every time you kill.

Edit: Same goes for Thieves Guild. I managed to find it in Asteria. They could also offer jobs to steal things from NPCs which could give way to a new skill either called pickpocketing or thieving. Both Guilds could make way for a stealth skill as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:26:26 pm by Ghost »  Logged

Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 06:18:45 am »

Yes, we've been considering those, especially pickpocketing/sneaking for Thieves Guild storyline. Usually the problem with such skills is that they need to be implemented and balanced around the world properly. As usual, anyone is free to implement these, but it probably won't make it to 4.0 just yet. ;)
Offline Ghost

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 07:26:21 am »

Completely understandable. However I could use a little guidance so I can further test some things. Where may I obtain the beginning combat skills? I have not been able to find any NPC to give it to me on Incuna nor have I been able to find the magic and priest beginner spells.

Also I'd like to point out something I found. When going into client settings and changing the map X and Y size you get a graphical glitch. However it is fixed after logging in and out.

* Atrinik-2015-05-18-14-33-15-527352.bmp (1208.09 KB, 827x498 - viewed 174 times.)

Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:51 am »

You should already have all the skills available in the game right from the beginning. Just equip a sword, or a bow, and you can use it, no need to learn any skills anymore.

Regarding the spells, there's no prayers anymore and it's all just spells, but yes, I think the beginning magic bullet and minor healing spells are missing right now. Some NPCs teach spells, but it seems not these (I think they're supposed to be learned in Incuna, but since that isn't finished)... I have added them to your player file manually as a workaround for now.

Yeah I'm aware of that glitch, I was hoping no one would use that feature since I don't like that part of the code (and plan to overhaul it to be more flexible, use less memory and hopefully be free of such issues), but I guess I'll have to debug it now... :P
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 05:13:32 pm »

now you have done it.....  :shock: making Cleo work......  :shifty:
I am sure he will remember this......   ;)

Offline Ghost

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 09:15:19 pm »

Well you don't have to right now. I was wondering what it was and that's how I stumbled upon it. :P I will play around with the combat system now then. :) Does the already known skills include skills such as 2h weaponry?

And I  have now just realized my grievous error Ddhanna. I shall now have to endure being summoned to Greyton arena and being massacred a million times.... again.

EDIT 1:
Some broken commands:

/guild and possibly /guildmembers
/hiscore
/roll

EDIT 2:
I am unable to use spells. It tells me I do not have enough mana even though I have switched between classes to get a spell point boost. Also I have no way of being able to see how much mana or health I have.
And if you would not mind adding the basic spells to my other player file: Paradon, as I have progressed more on it than Ghost.

And another question: where do I learn cause light wounds?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:49:58 am by Ghost »  Logged

Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 07:33:33 am »

Two-handed skill mastery was removed and instead you can use 2h weapons at any time, no skill required (provided you meet the weapon's other requirements).

What do you mean broken, as in, how are they broken? They seem to operate normally for me...

I'll take a look at the spell casting issue. I suspect players get too little mana now anyway, with the combat changes, so perhaps it's time for a boost. You can see exactly how much health/mana you have if you right-click the health/mana spheres and change the display type to text. I'll add the numbers to the sphere/bar tooltips as well, though, thanks.

I have added the rest of the spells to both characters (including cause light wounds).
Offline Ghost

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 06:37:08 pm »

Hm.. I was getting this strange thing where it would pop out copious amount of "error" reports in the text box. But now they seem to work fine, Emperor Cleo.

I now can use the spells just fine. And the starter amount of Mana has been fixed and is a good enough amount for killing monsters at your own level. However, I might be the only one who does this but I like to get at the monsters one level above with the orange text to get the maximum amount of EXP and with 16 SP makes it difficult to do that and to be prepared for a fast respawn or other monsters that saw you kill their friend and are mad at you.

Also I wanted to remind you, if you didn't know already, that Eld Woods Island hasn't received any of the Atrinik 4.0 magic. I think some cool stuff can be done with the tree house apartment building. You might could even make it look like a a big, thick tree.

Also some of the stores around the world don't work anymore. I'm able to walk through the portals without paying. I will get a complete list of which stores do this later.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:45:32 pm by Ghost »  Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: