linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  Support
linktree Topic: atrinik ubuntu 12.04 can't connect to main server
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: atrinik ubuntu 12.04 can't connect to main server  (Read 3516 times)
Offline meepo64
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:20:44 pm »

I have the atrinik client installed, compiled and made, as is the server. ./server.sh will connect me to a server. The problem is when I launch ./atrinik, I get the main page with the listed servers. I click on the main server and "play" and it doesn't connect...just keeps trying. I, howver, had no problem connecting to the development server. Is the main server down, or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:15:07 am »

Hi meepo64!
It seems you downloaded and compiled the development client. This will only connect to your localhost (./server.sh) or to the Development Server.
In order to play Atrinik on the main server, please install the precompiled client for Ubuntu as described on Installing Atrinik Client.
Thanks for trying Atrinik.
Mamoru
Offline meepo64
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 02:02:05 am »

I had tried that installation before, entering the commands exactly into terminal, but when I "sudo apt-get update", followed by "sudo apt-get install atrinik-client", here's what I keep getting:

W: Failed to fetch inactive:http://packages.atrinik.org/precise/Packages  404  Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
tina@tina-N68S3B:~$ sudo apt-get install atrinik-client
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package atrinik-client
tina@tina-N68S3B:~$
Offline meepo64
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 02:07:48 am »

I just looked at the packages list from at packages.atrinik.org, and ubuntu 12.04 (precise pangolin) does not seem to have a folder. I'm seeing ones for previous ubuntu versions but not 12.04 LTS.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 08:20:14 am »

Heyy, as you've already been able to compile the client try this and compile it again:
Code: [Select]
git checkout tags/v3.0

This would explicitly switch to the version of the client that's compatible with the main server.
Mamoru
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: