linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik News  >  Developers' Corner
linktree Topic: Removal of binary blobs in Git repository
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removal of binary blobs in Git repository  (Read 1721 times)
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« on: February 13, 2014, 07:44:50 pm »

Hey guys,

I have just finished removing binary blobs from the Atrinik Git repository, which reduced the repository size from 500 MB to mere 42 MB on my system. Note that Github hasn't run garbage collection yet, so the repository there is still a bit bigger, about 140 MB. If you're worried about space, you can manually run git gc --prune=now --aggressive (otherwise it will reoptimize the repository over time).

There may be conflicts if you try to pull. If that happens, I suspect the best thing to do is gonna be to just re-clone. Apologies for any disruption this may have caused.

Note that due to removal of libs/dlls from the repository, the build process of both the client and the server has changed on Windows. See updated README files in make_win32.

All the sound files have also been removed from the main repository, and are now in a separate one. You can simply just clone that repo into client/sound, as per the instructions in client/INSTALL, for example, git clone git@github.com:atrinik/atrinik-sound.git client/sound.

Thanks,
Cleo
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:28:12 pm »

thanks for the update. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: