linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  General Chat
linktree Topic: Watching the tumbleweeds roll on by...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching the tumbleweeds roll on by...  (Read 7029 times)
Offline evilasa
« on: May 25, 2012, 09:07:18 am »

...hello? Is anyone out there? Is the gaming world completely dead? Is this game completely dead? Please say no. What's everyone doing these days? Are there any games (other than this one) worth checking out these days? Not sure, everything looks unimaginative and cloned.
 Personally, been busy doing not a lot. Minecraft's good fun, need to find a server to play that on soon though, it gets boring on your own. Got a bit more time again these days, although it's a bit all over the place. Would like to be around more, just not sure there's anywhere left to be around  :(
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 09:58:11 am »

Hi Asa :)
Good to see you. We're here, the game is not dead.
When you were online this morning, I was cycling to the university.
I'm studying computer engineering, embedded systems.

M.
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:50:24 am »

I'm super busy with work right now, so I haven't had much time to continue with the Atrinik client/server rewrite (currently in the middle of recreating the HUD from scratch). Hopefully I'll be able to re-start the HUD rewrite sometime next week, this weekend will probably be too busy for me (but maybe not, I'll know one way or another later today).

Some people (me, Gramlath, Lippy, Ghost) occassionally join our Minecraft server at game.atrinik.org:4000, though I haven't been on for a few weeks myself, since like I said, I have been too busy.

At any rate, nice to see you again after a year or so. :lol:
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:51:28 am »

Also forgot to mention, Diablo 3 came out last week, so yeah... ;)
Offline evilasa
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 11:25:34 am »

Hey, good to hear you guys are still alive and kicking! Seriously, too many people are waking up dead lately. A sign of getting old i guess  :(
I know what ya mean about busy though, although not quite sure what i've been busy doing. A lot of sod all i reckon.
Good to hear the game's far from dead too, lemme know when the new MM is out and i might have to start looking at mapping again. Just been on D this morning and trying to work out what makes certain maps fun for me. Was talking to a tfc-shewar aswell, about contemplation of D-forks, ended up having a brief glance at Angelion. Doesn't look bad from what you can see of it, might have to d/l it and see if any of it works at some point. Also gonna think of some suggestions about how thinks could work better for me (no idea whether my thoughts would work for everyone, but the idea of choosing is an interesting concept if it could be worked). But that's for a later date, i'm off to work in a min.
Might have to join you on minecraft soon, although i have a less than legit 1.2.3 version at the moment, gotta wait 'til pay-day before i can buy the full game hehe!
Someone should buy me a copy of Diablo3 too, it does look pretty awesome!
See you guys soon  :D
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 12:32:51 pm »

It is funny you mention Angelion, because Gramlath added some of it's content to Atrinik, and improved upon it.
For instance, take a look at Asteria, Fort Sether and Aris in Atrinik.

M.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:35:06 pm by Mamoru »  Logged
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 03:01:25 pm »

Yeah, unfortunately Angelion has been abandoned for years now...
Offline Lippy
Developer
Rantoholic

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »

Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen you around, Asa! How are you doing? :)

I haven't been that active myself really. Instead I decided to pick up a guitar while I still have time lol. Also, I'll buy Diablo 3 too if enough people get it. :)

The signature isn't ready yet. Come back tomorrow!
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 06:46:00 pm »

I have D3 (altho I haven't had time to play even that for more than a few hours *total*), Gramlath is getting a copy too I think...
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 03:51:52 am »

like Cleo, i have been extra busy at my new job,  I am still around.
Offline evilasa
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 08:21:47 am »

I won't be able to afford d3 any time soon, we're living in overdaft-land and there's no sign of being able to leave it for the forseeable. I'm onny getting a legal download of MC with my birfdy money!
Looks like Gramlath did some quality work back in the day that never really got put to good use. Nice to see a lot of it on here, but it'd be great if more people were around to see it.
Anyways, back to work again. Know how you guys feel...where's my time off!
Offline evilasa
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 12:54:08 pm »

Well, finally got a paid-up minecraft account  :D can link up to your server but it's giving me an error message (internal exception: java.net.socketexception :connection reset) so am i missing a file/mod?
Anyways, i'm off a modding now, no doubt i'll have about 7 versions on here by tonite.
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 07:39:00 pm »

We're currently running Tekkit on the server, so you need to get the custom Tekkit launcher from here... http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 07:56:58 pm »

this just proves a point.

If you dont know something, just ask Cleo. He knows everything....  :mrgreen:
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 08:02:35 pm »

I do, when I know anything...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up