linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  General Chat
linktree Topic: First touch with game still hope it's different from what it seems
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First touch with game still hope it's different from what it seems  (Read 2046 times)
Offline Davide
« on: April 17, 2012, 04:00:47 am »

Newcomer, played tutorial, tutorial island, and first part of main non-tutorial island.
It's been about 20 hours of playing since I first installed it to the rise of this question.
Just installed, I loved game style. But the more I keep playing, the more I'm making the bad idea this game doesn't appreciate player's abilities like accurate exploring and memory for found texts and places, but rather it seems to get an arcade shape, where you basically keep dumbly repeating the same mouse/keyboard sequences for minutes until the "big-good-worth" monster dies.
Personally I think that sequentially repeating any kind of action more than a couple of times in a row already gets a stupid essence.

Have I made a wrong understanding of the game?
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:53 pm »

To be fair, that is what rogue-likes were back in the day, upon which Atrinik is based.

However, the game is currently undergoing a total rewrite, including major combat and game mechanic changes. If you're feeling adventurous, feel free to download a development build, compile it and test things out - various things are currently broken/not implemented in the development version however, and things may break. Bug reports/ideas/patches welcome.
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:08:32 am »

I am looking forward to playing with the rewrite. I should be able to soon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: