linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Player Doll
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Player Doll  (Read 2873 times)
Offline NiteStar

« on: August 14, 2011, 11:31:03 am »

So with the Atrinik 3.0 client, some changes were made to the player doll, which increased the amount of vertical space that it takes up on-page.

I've created a revised layout of the player doll, which, if followed, would allow it to be set back to the same height it was in version 2.0 yet still contain all of the same information.

Thoughts?

* player doll propsed layout.png (64.98 KB, 223x239 - viewed 361 times.)
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:41:28 pm »

Actually I think it is perfect as it is. If you want to change it you could easily apply a theme. The difference with the 2.0 version is that it ended in a triangle shape as opposed to the brick shape we have in 3.0.
M.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:28:03 pm »

Easily apply a theme? How? Themes aren't implemented yet, I thought?   :?
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:07:27 am »

You can make your own theme by editing the images in the file folder! Derp. :P

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 04:15:19 am »

Mamoru has a point... the new player doll uses the same amount of vertical space it used to in 2.0. I don't really like the reduced font sizes in your layout, the ranged stats are barely readable...
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 04:19:50 am »

I did a quick & dirty when I created this image. Just basically cut & pasted the info from the bottom, resized it in a layer (which produces icky readability), etc.

The layout is meant as a suggestive layout.

And, the new layout takes up MORE vertical space than the one I've presented. I had to make my status window SMALLER because the stats in the player doll either were hidden by the status window or obscured the status window when on top.

By using this layout, removing that bottom layer of stats in the player doll and making it nice & look pretty and use real fonts instead of the quick & dirty markup that I did, it would go back to taking up the same amount of space as in v2.0.
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 07:01:15 am »

There is not enough space to show ranged stats with a large-enough font where you suggest. At any rate, both new and old layouts use exactly the same amount of vertical space; see attachments.

* player_doll_bg.png (17.52 KB, 219x243 - viewed 334 times.)

* player_doll_bg.png (50.64 KB, 219x243 - viewed 335 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: