linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: PK, suggestion about pk and guilds/races
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PK, suggestion about pk and guilds/races  (Read 3245 times)
Offline Anarion
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »

Ok,  I was told that there are only certain areas that allow PK, arena type maps.    I think this is good because it stops idiots from getting a high level and killing every character lower in sight, thus killing the games popularity :p       

Was thinking further down the road we might have guild wars, race wars(no joke intended), etc, where on an announced time pk could be turned on for every map.  So say humans vs elves just for example, have on this specific time,  say August 31st and 10pm UTC, or maybe even for the entire day of August 31st(again the date is just an example) elves and humans will be at war.  So if you are human, regardless of level, and elf regardless, you can be pked anywhere, any map, etc.    We could make it last only a little bit so people can continue the game after the specified time.   

This way we are not making the game a PK centric game, so people can lvl up, do quests, chat, etc the majority of the time, like normal, but we give those who like some pk as well a little room to breath other than an arena.

Maybe even if killed during this time you have to wait in a waiting area map for so long so you cant be killed and just run back to the battle, giving the winning side an advantage.   

To make it even more challenging, you might make it so you lose your EQ on the battle field.   Thats more of a side note than a suggestion :p

Same could go for guilds or whatever.     All of this is just suggestion of course, based on complexity to implement and of course the whims of the devs :p    I dont know what it takes to implement anything on this game as Im brand new,  just thought it would be fun.    Makes for a change of paste from just killing mobs, but at the same time it doesnt make this game a 100 percent pk-centric game.

Even you devs dont like any of the ideas, would be curious to hear ppls thoughts about this, and if it cant be implemented, or just wont be, why not.    Not for sake of argument, but Id love to see what goes into the making of a game like this :p

If I missed anything,   Im posting this at the same time as doing something else,  chewing gum and walking at the same time is hard :p

Forgot something else.   Maybe we could have these scenarios,   like if you are part of the Mercs, on August 31st the city of Brynknot will be under attack by said elves or trolls or whatever, and one side could attack the city, while the mercs stay in the city and defend it.   Even send in mobs to help both sides.  PK in a role playing sense to me seems like a fun idea.   Could make it a guild/race/class quest, the winner(like in this instance) loots the city and steals, dunno, some magical object if they are the invaders, but if they the defenders, they could say take some super magic item off the corpse of the enemy leader that protects the city.

Whew long winded post I know,   but Im hoping I can help you guys come up with any ideas to make this game big :p
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:05:07 pm by Anarion »  Logged
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 12:39:02 am »

I think guild wars are planned at some point ... ;-)

I wouldn't turn PK on for every map but perhaps certain maps if one were to do a guild/race war. That way, lower-level maps (for instance) and towns could be a "safe" area for folks ...
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:56 am »

Another good suggestion, keep it up Anarion :)
I've been discussing this with Lippy tonight. The proposition you make (guild wars) is not feasible at the moment. Not only because we currently have just one active guild, also because not everyone wants to have PvP-enforced combat.
We've come up with some new ideas for the near as well as the far future. The ultimate idea is to have more than one server, with different 'player versus player' modes. Maybe even one server specifically for roleplaying. As I said, far future ;)
A new system could be something called duelling. When a player leaves Incuna (the upcoming newcomers island), they'll get to choose a PvP mode: always accept, ask or reject any invitation to duel.
When one wants to duel another, they simply send an invitation. When the player hasn't chosen to reject all challenges, they will either be engaged in combat right away or asked to accept/decline the offer. To prevent people who always want to fight from being killed when away from their keyboard, the /afk command would not only set [AFK] in the /who list but also temporarily set PvP mode for that player to decline all offers.
This is a system for 1vs1 combat only and therefore could be possible almost anywhere in Atrinik. The Greyton City arena would still be the place for multiplayer PvP fights.
What do you and other people think of that? Let us know :)
M.
Offline Anarion
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:00:37 am »

Dueling sounds good.   

Main reason I was bringing this PK stuff up is not to become another mmorpg with ppl just mass leveling so they can pk.   I was thinking more along the long of RP type PKing.    Nitestar said make certain areas safe zones, sounds about right.

Understand that you guys got a ways to go as this game is still a work in progress.  Completely understand that.

I was thinking along more of the scale I guess of the Greyton City idea.   A large area for pk, city size where rp PK could be played out, or just regular ol brawling for fun :p   

My idea about guild wars was more along the line of making certain guilds purely pk guilds,  like maybe thieves guild and a, hrm city watch guild.   This way there would be guilds that were more quest/npc oriented, like a ranger guild say,   for those who dont wanna do that stuff.   

Either way, just spitballing :p

Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:19:54 am »

I thin I heard before that the NPC Guilds like Mercanary <--- Only NPC Guild. Will be removed soon? And what would be nice is a command that lets you make a guild. But you need atleast like 3 ppl to make it. And once the clan is accepted by lets say a DM. Or WIZ. So, now that your guild is created a 10x10 area in the world will be filled with a guild building that includes all that is already in the Quick Wolves guild. Just my point of view on guilds.

Sorry if this confused you... I am so exhausted.

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 11:21:58 am »

The proposition you make (guild wars) is not feasible at the moment. Not only because we currently have just one active guild....

So, the thieve's guild in Asteria isn't going to be a guild? o_O
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 12:20:04 pm »

Only in name... ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: