linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Location of other players
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Location of other players  (Read 4122 times)
Offline Anarion
« on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:58 pm »

Dont think this has been suggested before, didnt see it anyway.

Was thinking we could have a /where command where the output will be the immediate location of those players in your city are, or maybe just map.

As well, maybe we could have it so the map shows the location of other players?    Or maybe the location of other players in your guild, or group, etc.   Dunno what the plans are for PK down the road.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:03:01 pm »

Good thinking Anarion :)

Actually, this has always been possible for parties.
The party who list showed the names of the maps that its members were at.
With the 3.0 update this was removed to make way for status bars (hp/mana/grace).

If we were going to implement such a system, I'd suggest naming the (sub-)region in the /who list for non-wiz.
M.
Offline Anarion
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:58 pm »

Didnt realize that about the party who list.   Never tried the earlier client but it always makes things easier.   

Or maybe even have the ability to turn it on/off,  so say you dont want to be found by other players you turn off this feature and people cant find you,   but if you dont care or you are trying to meet someone, you can leave it on.     

Now I dont know how hard this would be to implement, as Im no coder, and I havent played many online games.   Ive played with text MUDs on and off when I was younger, so most of my ideas spring from there.   

This kinda falls in line with another post Im was gonna do about PK, it will be on this board as well.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 12:01:45 am »

Well, as I said, it used to be implemented, for parties.
You probably joined after the 3.0 release.

I don't think it would be too difficult to implement.
Some opinions from other devs would be nice though.
M.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 12:41:51 am »

Actually, location of other players is already implemented, in a roundabout sort of way:

Just type /hiscore [playername] and you'll see their rank in the hiscore list, as well as their location.

:shifty:
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 02:39:50 am »

Actually, location of other players is already implemented, in a roundabout sort of way:

Just type /hiscore [playername] and you'll see their rank in the hiscore list, as well as their location.

:shifty:

The high-score list isn't in real-time. Also, who would look on the high-score list to see where a player currently is... :P
M.
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 03:09:39 am »

Would be nice if one was able to right-click the player in the party list, click 'Location', and it would say in the action messages window where that player is...
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 03:17:18 am »

Yes it would. Like for instance. I want to know where you disappear off to sometimes.

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 07:37:54 am »

that is a secret.....  :mrgreen:
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 11:20:14 am »

Would be nice if one was able to right-click the player in the party list, click 'Location', and it would say in the action messages window where that player is...

Would be nice if this was part of the auto-reply feature when one sets oneself /afk.  :mrgreen:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: