linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik News  >  Announcements
linktree Topic: Atrinik 1.1.1
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atrinik 1.1.1  (Read 17728 times)
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 08:32:34 pm »

For a HowTo on changing tha %AppData% path, look on this page for "Adding or Editing Environment Variables".
~Kiana~
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 11:27:04 pm »

just do what i did, delete the old one and install the new client

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 11:30:58 pm »

The purpose of the bat script is to transfer the settings from your older version over to the new one -- by just deleting the old and installing the new version, the transfer of settings doesn't happen. It was supposed to be a quick & easy way of making that happen....
Offline Lippy
Developer
Rantoholic

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 12:30:16 am »

As I said, there is nothing wrong with the batch file. No normal user would ever change the %APPDATA% path. However, everything is pointing to you setting it incorrectly. You cannot blame the batch file for not being able to find the path if it's set incorrectly. I don't think it's possible to make batch files psychic. I'll repeat, the problem is with your Windows installation, not the batch file.

The signature isn't ready yet. Come back tomorrow!
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 03:41:54 pm »

Probably this will already be implemented in the client installer in it's next release. It will also uninstall the old client for you.
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 05:58:58 pm »

I checked my environment variables, and it's actually not set, which means it's defaulting to the C: drive...

Not sure how other programs that uninstall older versions of their program, and then re-install, manage to get this right, but I don't have problems with them. They install themselves to the P: drive (assuming a previous installation already exists there).
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48:54 am »

I checked my environment variables, and it's actually not set, which means it's defaulting to the C: drive...

Not sure how other programs that uninstall older versions of their program, and then re-install, manage to get this right, but I don't have problems with them. They install themselves to the P: drive (assuming a previous installation already exists there).

Had a look at it with VirtualBox running XP Pro SP3.
The programmes you refer to probably save settings in the register.
Another possibility is that they overwrite the previous installation but leave or upgrade the settings.
~Kiana~
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: