linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  Support
linktree Topic: Atrinik 2.0.1
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atrinik 2.0.1  (Read 2666 times)
Offline NiteStar

« on: May 10, 2011, 03:32:45 am »

Do you think we could get a new minor release of Atrinik launched? v2.0.1 perhaps?

The following bug fixes are significant enough to warrant such a release:

Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:12:01 am »

#144 and #188 are not client side issues, as can be seen by the component they are in.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:15:05 am »

#144 and #188 are not client side issues, as can be seen by the component they are in.

Sorry, my fault ... I must have crossed lines when reading the bug report ....  :oops:
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 06:32:08 am »

You can try the client from the map maker package. Before we release a new client, it should be tested externally. Otherwise we can't provide a new stable release. The map maker client partially functions as test client. If you want a new client release, have a look at the map maker package. Some features are still experimental, such as the client-side weather effects.

Besides, by fixing #191 a 2 second delay is removed when connecting to the server. #211 is a new feature. #144 has been fixed server side, as was #188. The only actual client bug fix you mentioned is #221. This doesn't compare to the amount of experimental features that have been added.

Unlike some other projects, when adding new features we try to make sure that they won't introduce more bugs than already existed in a previous release. This is partially done by releasing the map maker package with its client.

I hope this answers your question.
~Kiana~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: