linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  General Chat
linktree Topic: Oh crap.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh crap.  (Read 6132 times)
Offline evilasa
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 08:15:01 pm »

Thanks Floozy. And yes, I'm as stubborn and willful as anybody I ever met. If it could be fixed on will alone, the virus would have seen me and ran off scared. Not sure if there's any virus left now, or whether it's just a screwed registry file. Gonna keep running 2 or 3 scans a day and see if i can figure out a way to rectify it. Hmm, just had a thought...where did i leave them instructions on using regedit?
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:33:40 pm »

Try Alwil's Avast (the free (home) edition is perfect) for a virusscanner and CCleaner to fix your registry (provides back-up of it beforehand). Related to the last one is Defraggler, also a nice tool (to defragment disks :P). My basic set of utilities :)
~Kiana~
Offline evilasa
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 01:11:48 pm »

Clean and fixed. Suprisingly easy once i figured out what needed deleting and what i needed to do to get things working again. Am a happy bunny once more  :twisted:
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 04:35:42 pm »

Gratz, glad it didn't completely swallow your computer :P
~Kiana~
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 10:25:58 pm »

now that you have it clean.... you need to run a Root Kit scanner on it......
alot of the fake antiviruses out there leave behind a small piece. if that is the case, you may still be infected..... try     http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
it is a free online scanner.... (just to be safe)

welcome back....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: