linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Guess what music?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess what music?  (Read 3507 times)
Offline Floozy

« on: March 09, 2011, 08:28:47 pm »

Hi

Having occasionally visited Asteria (especially near the library) I notice that there is a very pretty tune playing as background music :)

Perhaps /mapinfo should say what music is playing, maybe even giving some credit to the composer if that is possible :)

Its just a Floozy suggestion - please ignore me if you disagree!

Love Floozy
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:25:13 pm »

it is nice to know what songs/sounds are playing without having to go through the whole list to find it.
i am guessing cleo would suggest loading the map editor up so that you could view that information, but being able to access it ingame with the /mapinfo command (or different one) would be a nice addition.
Ddhanna
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:57:00 pm »

Aye, maybe the /mapinfo could take the song name from bgmusic and take the song's composer from the list in the license file (something like that) then show in /mapinfo. Possibly adding the music parameters for WIZ.
Nice suggestion Floozy, and thanks :mrgreen:
~Kiana~
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:58 pm »

Background music file name in /mapinfo could be useful, but as the server has no access to the list of composers in the client's media directory, I don't think that would work...
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 05:19:44 pm »

Can't the client just be instructed to read the metatag info from the media file and display that along with the server's output?
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 05:23:14 pm »

Not unless you want to bundle yet another library with the client which can read such info from MIDIs, OGGs, XM, etc. Just an overkill for a feature that doesn't even add anything to the actual game. You can always just look at your client/media/LICENSE file, if you're so curious...
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 05:31:51 pm »

I wasn't so curious; Floozy was. I was just suggesting a way to do what she wanted. :P
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 07:19:42 pm »

Well, it's okay with me if it just shows the filename (which it does now). Thanks Cleo for implementing and Floozy for suggesting :)
~Kiana~
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 03:44:44 am »

Yes, thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: