linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Tutorials
linktree Topic: Floozy's Guide to Atrinik
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floozy's Guide to Atrinik  (Read 17825 times)
Offline Floozy

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 02:57:52 pm »

Okay!  I have done my best to work out how much damage a spell would do, and the Spells page is now up-to-date.

That's enough for the moment!!!!

Love Floozy

Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 04:35:27 pm »

It's even better than the "official" spells page. I love your guide :mrgreen: :up:
~Kiana~
Offline Floozy

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 03:54:44 pm »

Hi fans :) (and others!)

I have been busy adding stuff to the guide - here is the latest.

The Levels page now contains the maximum number of hit points, mana points, and grace points you can have at a level excluding any boni, e.g. additions from having high stats.  Now if you are clever enough you can work out exactly how many points you should have in each, and thereby decide whether a PoI will say you are perfect :)

Also added to Levels is what I calculate as the maximum regeneration rates before any adjustments - they appears to be at least approximately correct!

Stats now also includes information about regeneration rates - this is because stats can increase your points and points mean prizes, I mean additions to the regeneration rates (shut up Brucey).

I hope I have got this more-or-less correct!  The algorithm for regeneration is cunningly hidden deep within do_some_living and there are lots of "on-the-fly" calculations!

Love Floozy
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 09:06:07 pm »

Thank you for the the work you are doing floozy.
 8)
Offline Floozy

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 09:09:51 am »

Today's update

Following a suggestion from Cleo, I have added a Notes page where I give the simplified formulae for regeneration rates. I will add any other "geek" stuff there!  Don't worry - I haven't forgotten the health warning :)

There are changes on some other pages, mostly just wording and/or presentation.

TODO: Must write a batch script to update the whole guide - its getting tedious regularly logging in then individually uploading any pages which have changed!!!

By the way - should I also upload the master document (spreadsheet) containing the guide to somewhere? That would mean someone could easily continue work on it if anything happened to me - all you have to do is update the relevant sheet and press <ctrl>z.

Love Floozy
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 10:16:41 am »

Yay, nice work. :D

I think you could upload the spreadsheet to the same place you upload the actual HTML files. :)
Offline Floozy

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 10:20:35 am »

Okay Boss - that's done :)
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 11:53:15 am »

Thank you. :)
Offline Floozy

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 12:06:05 pm »

Latest update

The Levels page now has extra information about experience:

First it tells you the approximate level of mob which provides the maximum amount of experience (capped at 2 1/2 % of the experience points between levels above 7).

Then it lists for each colour except grey and purple the approximate number of "typical" mobs of each colour you can kill at each level.

I hope the figures are about right!!!! The maths behind it is a bit complicated!

Love Floozy

P.S. the page works fine as a stand-alone, but gets "squidged" when viewed inside the Atrinik frame - I may have to split the table into two sections, especially if I add more information.

<edit> "Squidging" solved for the moment by narrowing some other columns </edit>
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:14:57 pm by Floozy »  Logged
Offline Floozy

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 12:58:09 pm »

There's more!

On a suggestion from our very own Ddh that it would be good to explain how AC and WC affect your chance to hit, I have started a Combat page.  At the moment it concentrates mostly on Physical combat so I will probably add to it at a later stage.

Also I have altered the index (Intro) page so that a newcomer will hopefully get enough advice to start with.

Love Floozy
Offline Floozy

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 09:00:19 pm »

Update

I have added lots of other stuff to the Combat page - its not yet complete but all the calculations etc. are there now.  Other pages have also been slightly enhanced where relevant to combat.

Reading through it, I am not sure whether its all complete gobblygook or may be useful to at least a few people.  I have tried not to be too mathematical, but as a result may have dumbed-down too much so that half the population gets bored but not enough so the other half understands it! Ho Hum.

I am open to ideas as to what best to concentrate on next (until my new computer arrives - I found out I didn't press the "express" button when ordering, so will have to wait!).

Love Floozy
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 09:27:24 pm »

We need a guide to libraries in the game....
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 09:29:08 pm »

We need a guide to libraries in the game....

Why's that? Aren't they simple? ;)

Nice job on the combat page Floozy :D
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 09:31:04 pm »

Where libraries are located (in what towns, etc) and approximately what levels they are....would be most helpful!
Offline Floozy

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

You tell me where all the libraries are and I'll add that to the guide if that's a requirement - I haven't kept a note of where all readable books may be and Cleo changes that kind of thing too regularly for me to keep up.

The guide is mainly about my experiences - I repeat for the umpteenth time that its not supposed to be a complete list or a walkthrough.

Thank you for the compliment again Kiana - what are you after?? Heehee!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: