linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Tutorials
linktree Topic: Floozy's Guide to Atrinik
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floozy's Guide to Atrinik  (Read 12720 times)
Offline NiteStar

« on: February 21, 2011, 08:40:09 am »

Just thought that it should be mentioned here as well there's this neat, nifty new Player's Guide to Atrinik, written by none other than our very own Floozy:

http://www.atrinik.org/page/guide_floozy

EDIT: There's an extraneous "le" in the "Jewelry" section of Floozy's Guide....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:47:58 am by NiteStar »  Logged
Offline Floozy

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:02:18 am »

I haven't got time to write a U.S. version as well, so you'll have to put up with my "proper" !!!!! English spelling :):):):) Its spelt "jewellery" in the U.K.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:08:56 am »

I haven't got time to write a U.S. version as well, so you'll have to put up with my "proper" !!!!! English spelling :):):):) Its spelt "jewellery" in the U.K.

I'll have to smack Google around for that -- I thought such might be the case but Google had advised me it was not. Bad, bad Google!  :oops:
Offline evilasa
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 04:21:20 pm »

Bloody merkins claiming they speak english  :roll:
Offline Floozy

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 10:46:59 am »

Hi all

Due to popular demand (aka being gang-nagged!!!!!) I have added a section about magic which lists the spells and magic devices.

It is just a "glorified" version of what I call the "official" spell list http://www.atrinik.org/page/spells - slightly updated and with a few additional snippets of information such as how to work out how much mana or grace a spell would "cost".

Hope this helps

Love Floozy

<edit> P.S. I have added the colours of each potion, having been told it may be useful.  Hopefully this will display on everyone's browser. </edit>
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:16:43 pm by Floozy »  Logged
Offline Floozy

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 01:16:48 pm »

Hi all

I wanted to know how the colour of each mob was calculated, e.g. yellow for similar level to you, so I cheated and looked at the code!

I doubt even the worst "stickler" could call it a spoiler, so I have added this information to the guide in a page called Levels, adding the number of experience points required to reach that level for your information.

A lot of the pages have additional items listed and there was one correction - I mis-spelt naginata (tch tch).

Love Floozy
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 06:22:57 am »

IIRC (at least in Daimonin) the colour of a mob is determined by the difference in its level vs the player's level.

Grey (more than 5 levels below player),
Green (4-5 levels below player),
Blue (1-3 levels below player),
Yellow (same as player's level),
Orange (1-2 levels above player),
Red (3-5 levels above player),
Purple (5+ levels above player).

Don't quote me on the # of levels above/below a player the mob has to be for the colour; I don't remember the specifics but it's something along these lines. :)
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 07:11:40 am »

That may be true for lower levels...

Floozy's guide is correct - as the level increases, the range widens. It has always been that way.
Offline Floozy

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 08:54:52 am »

One thing that may not be exactly correct is where I have added my estimate for the minimum level of books which will give any experience points (compared to your current Me level).

I don't think that is taken from the "colour" table, as for example up to level 75 I could read up to 5 levels above my Me, and over level 75 it was 15 - and that certainly isn't how "purple" is calculated.  My estimate of the lowest level book is 75% of your Me level (rounded up) which is what I list.

Of course the calculations may have been changed just when I reached level 75, so my guess is inaccurate!  That's the problem with writing a guide in a "fluid" environment!  Maybe I should just cheat and look at the code again, but I prefer to be "honest" where I can :)

Love Floozy

Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 09:12:03 am »

IIRC maximum level you can read is Me level + 15, but book with level below "gray" will not give any experience. One nice suggestion was to color the book's level in examine the appropriate color. That would make it easier to see if that book will give you any experience at all. Someone should log that one in the Bugzilla, or it will get forgotten about again... :mrgreen:
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 07:17:36 pm »

nice suggestion Cleo. your help here has been helpful. thank you for your input...

;)
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 07:32:34 pm »

:lol:
Offline Floozy

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 08:45:01 pm »

:D
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 02:26:18 am »

IIRC maximum level you can read is Me level + 15, but book with level below "gray" will not give any experience. One nice suggestion was to color the book's level in examine the appropriate color. That would make it easier to see if that book will give you any experience at all. Someone should log that one in the Bugzilla, or it will get forgotten about again... :mrgreen:

Wonder who that "someone" might be.... :P
Offline Floozy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:07 am »

Hi all

I was busy writing extra bits for the Guide when I noticed boys arguing so I rushed out a new "Stats" page which lists virtually everything I can think of about stats.

Now I'll get back to trying to work out how much damage a spell does!!

Love Floozy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: