linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik Servers  >  Main Server
linktree Topic: Connection failed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Connection failed  (Read 5741 times)
Offline babs
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:35:18 pm »

downloaded new client,  uninstalled old version, installed new. all seemed to go ok
when i try to connect i get message "connection failed"   ANY SUGGESTIONS   THX
Offline Floozy

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 02:56:24 pm »

The Server has been down for the last 3 hours or so - to check whether it is back up you can try the command "ping atokar.is-a-geek.net" which says "request timed out" when the Server is down.

Or you can keep trying in the new client - when the Server is down it will say "connection failed" as you are experiencing
Offline davidh7426
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:05:04 pm »

It's a shame that they don't have mirror servers in case of failure... This is SO depressing... :( :(
Offline Talis

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 04:10:27 pm »

Any idea when the servers will be back up  :?:

So many places to be, So many people to kill...
Offline Floozy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:14:22 pm »

Afaik Cleo is the only one who can do anything about the Server (Kiana's Server is entirely separate), so I think all we can do is wait for Cleo :)
Offline Talis

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:21:58 pm »

Well, I've been meaning to read 'War and Peace', due you think I'll have time... :D

Offline Floozy

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 04:26:17 pm »

It depends on whether Cleo is busily working on it, or whether he is currrently taking a well-deserved holiday!!!
Offline Talis

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »

We definitely need more servers, as backup... :(

Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:30:53 am »

The main server has been down since yesterday at noon. See: Main Server down
My test server currently runs the latest version of Atrinik. If you want to check out the new client feel free to connect. Lets hope the Main Server will be back online soon.
~Kiana~
Offline Floozy

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 04:11:50 pm »

Estimated cost to me: 8 million exp points; 5 stones+3; 1 stone+2; 1 day shorter life due to frustration.

Poor poor Floozy.

Still, Kiana very very nicely removed my depletion caused by the connection failure - many many thanks :):):):):)

I guess Cleo only owes me about 20 PoIs then!
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 05:41:35 pm »

Problem was Internet connection outage that should be fixed now, apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 09:24:34 am »

We definitely need more servers, as backup... :(

Kiana throws her server up whenever the main goes down; however, having other servers would be nice. If only we had the money to do this! Of course, if you already have a server and can host Atrinik on it, then maybe Cleo can get you put in the list and figure out a way to keep the two in sync or something so that they're both talking to each other but if one goes down the other(s) can continue on without the one(s) that has(ve) dropped out?
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 10:24:35 pm »

It's just technically impossible for us to have a real-time synchronized back-up server. We're not Google ;)
Cleo's working on a better host. Actually, we recently switched servers AFAIK. 8)
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:55 am »

Maybe putting Atrinik into the Google Code Base could get Atrinik a nice little real-time synchronized backup server?  :shifty:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: