linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: New Classes
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Classes  (Read 2974 times)
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:27:03 am »

I'd like to suggest two classes. One I thought of and one Ddhanna thought would be a nice addition.

Archer:
+2 Dex
+1 Int
+2 Con
+1 Str
+10% Speed

Ninja:
I'll let Ddh reply to this with the benefits of being a ninja.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:38:12 pm by _ghost_ »  Logged

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline Floozy

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:08:47 pm »

Hi Ghost

Nice edit - I was a bit worried when you suggested an archer without a Dex bonus to start with!

Did you know that in order to fire a long bow you had to be very very strong - and prove your strength? I think Str-1 would make it more difficult to be a proper archer!  Also, why does an archer need an intelligence bonus (apart from being able to understand to word "fire")?

Just creating a discussion point, as this topic is "suggestions" :):):)

Lotve
Floozy
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:25:15 pm »

intelligence comes in when reading wind and figuring angle when firing the bow. maybe instead of a bonus, a minimum int in order to be an archer.

As for ninja....

they are experts at using their hands and small hand held weapons and throwing weapons.
Stealth and speed... would improve as level improved.....

no suggestions for stats at this time because i am not sure how easily a ninja class would be to add to the current game setup. hoping in the future that new classes will be able to be added and have them working correctly..

one example would be you choose wizard. right now as a wizard, you can wear warrior armor and use warrior weapons. To be correct, Wizards would be able to use wizard gear, Warriors would be able to use warrior gear.

I dont know if it will happen, i can only hope it is possible.... :)

Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »

No HP bonus for archer? Seems a bit underpowered compared to a warrior (+20% hit points, +2 str, +1 dex, +1 con) without HP bonus or some other bonus...
Offline Ghost

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:23:19 pm »

Oh, mk. Updated. 10%-15% sound good?

Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:48:42 pm »

i would love to see a thief/archer class in game and the mobs dropping chests that you can either pick yourself or take to the Smith to have opened. always fun to find a chest in all the games ive played.....plus a high level thief would be in demand for opening chests that others find

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 02:42:22 am »

No HP bonus for archer? Seems a bit underpowered compared to a warrior (+20% hit points, +2 str, +1 dex, +1 con) without HP bonus or some other bonus...

How about a speed bonus for archer, instead of an HP bonus: +10% speed, +2 dex, +1 str, +1 con. Also perhaps a weapon bonus, archers are innately attuned to archery weapons so any type of archery weapon would get a bonus there, too.
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 12:52:10 am »

Archer class added in r2382. :D
Offline Ghost

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 04:26:56 am »

Yay! :) Where might we find the teacher? The class chooser, why not spice it up and make someone at Fort Ghzal or some lone ranger in the woods gives it to you as a quest reward. I'm just shooting some suggestions here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: