linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Embar_City
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Embar_City  (Read 3977 times)
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« on: November 30, 2010, 07:50:22 pm »

I've started back one of my earlier mapsets that were unfinished, starting with Embar City.

* embar_gate.png (227.29 KB, 1152x576 - viewed 293 times.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:37:03 pm by _ghost_ »  Logged

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:46:03 pm »

Very Nice ghost! keep it going

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline Floozy

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:47:52 pm »

It looks very pretty Ghost :):)

But please can you and all map-makers remember - beds should always be placed with the head to the North for the best night's sleep - you want your adventurers in tip-top form, of course.

Lots of love
Floozy
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 03:09:05 pm »

Very pretty indeed Ghost. This seriously is a huge improvement over the first version of Embar City. If you want to give it an extra touch you should check out the floor and object height options, as well as object zooming. That's all optional though ;)
~Kiana~
Offline Ghost

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 06:28:31 pm »

How do I do that? :o

Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 06:44:10 pm »

Might need to release a new map maker with all those neat features... :shifty:
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 07:35:06 pm »

That might be a big help....

Offline NiteStar

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 10:20:12 am »

Well, now that I've got a sense of "good" mapping, here is the first map of Embar that I've created.

Me likey but a few suggestions:

Don't have both fence and water-retaining stones on the border of the bridge; both bridges, on their TOP borders, have this. Best to have just the wood bridge border instead; otherwise, having the stones makes it look like more of a stop to the water, when I presume the water is flowing under the bridge.

IDK if it's just the 2-d iso view but the stone border to the water/river is IN the water, instead of at the edge, where it should be. This is very minor thing but would be nice if they can be properly aligned. :)
Offline Ghost

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 04:49:22 pm »

Thanks, I will change that, Never even noticed, thanks. :)

Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 11:26:49 pm »

IDK if it's just the 2-d iso view but the stone border to the water/river is IN the water, instead of at the edge, where it should be. This is very minor thing but would be nice if they can be properly aligned. :)

If you take a closer look you'll see the edges of the stone path are lifted too. This is done by Gridarta when creating an image. I see it as a feature, providing a way to see those floormasks.

Just so you know, a new map maker package has been released :)
~Kiana~
Offline Ghost

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 12:20:53 am »

Yes, I've already gotten it. ;P

Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 10:15:39 am »

I see it as a feature, providing a way to see those floormasks.

It's actually a bug that was present in the very old Java editor before Gridarta. My guess is Gridarta fixed it in its main renderer, but forgot about the zoom/screenshot renderer or something like that. It doesn't only affect floormasks, but also other small objects such as pedestals, buttons, etc.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 10:17:57 am »

I see it as a feature, providing a way to see those floormasks.

It's actually a bug that was present in the very old Java editor before Gridarta. My guess is Gridarta fixed it in its main renderer, but forgot about the zoom/screenshot renderer or something like that. It doesn't only affect floormasks, but also other small objects such as pedestals, buttons, etc.

So does that mean that it's a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming version of the Map Editor / Gridarta? Should a bug report be filed for it? ::twitch::
Offline Ragnor
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 11:45:48 am »

So does that mean that it's a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming version of the Map Editor / Gridarta? Should a bug report be filed for it? ::twitch::

The bug has been fixed in Gridarta r8810. So the map preview feature should work correctly in the next mapmaker package.

Generally speaking, please report bugs (and feature requests) to Gridarta's trackers. I do not regularly read all posts here, so I might miss bug reports not reported to the tracker.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: