linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  General Chat
linktree Topic: Floozy Rant number 2
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floozy Rant number 2  (Read 3168 times)
Offline Floozy

« on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:19 am »

Hi Gals and Guys

Its me again!

Yesterday there were a total of 4 players in the Volcano ranging from level 40-something to over 65, all as far as I know aiming to learn the Meteor Swarm spell.

Well, I was level 39 in Mana, and was told that was too low. There is a rumour that as high as level 70 may be required.

This is a definite game-play issue. If much lower-level players are capable of killing 300 fire demons, the reward shoudl be available at a much lower level than it is. Arguably level 39 may be a bit too low - but 70 is ridiculously high.

UP WITH THE PLAYERS - I DEMAND ACTION FROM THE  MANAGEMENT OTHERWISE I WILL CALL A STRIKE.

So there!

:down:

Love
Floozy
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:32:33 am »

Probably shouldn't allow getting the quest until you are high enough level (that is what the asteroid/frost nova quests do)...
Offline Floozy

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:06 pm »

<Floozy puts her boxing gloves on> - "In the Blue corner ..."

As we were all capable of doing that quest, preventing players from starting it until they are a much higher level would simply mean that it was too easy when we eventually get it. - That would spark another Floozy Rant!!!!!

By the way - what ateroid/frost nove quests ???????????

Heehee
Floozy
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 12:13:45 pm »

Well, meteor swarm is lvl 80, so even if you completed the quest you couldn't use it. It is not a question of whether you can complete the quest or not, but how powerful the spell is, to keep game balance. Sure, the spell could have power decreased and level lowered, but I think players using it would not be too happy. :mrgreen:

You get asteroid (lvl 45) and frost nova (lvl 90) from Quidton in Wizards' Tower.
Offline Floozy

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 01:03:00 pm »

You aren't getting away with this that lightly Mr Cleo!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the spell if so powerful, how come the fire demons which use it don't obliterate the adventurers in the volcano?! I think you are trying to wriggle out of what is clearly a game-play issue :roll:

I would be disappointed if I was level 80 in mana and it took a long time to kill a mob half my level with my most powerful spell Mr Cleo - think again.

And who is responsible for updating the player's guide page https://www.atrinik.org/page/spells "The following is a list of all spells currently in Atrinik." ?????  Why aren't asteroid and frost nova even mentioned????

SACK THE MANAGEMENT. ALL POWER TO THE PLAYERS.

Seconds away ... round Three <ding>

Love Floozy!
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »

I am not sure this approach is the best when trying to point something out.

I know that not every suggestion will be taken or looked at the same way i do, but having the ability to suggest anything at all is a nice feature of this game. I know that cleo looks and listens to a lot of suggestions. he doesnt like them all, (darn).  I have found that he is open to suggestions and is willing to use them if they fit into what his over all idea is. 

Remember that respect goes both ways. your suggestions get looked at with respect to you as a player, and you can show respect with how you give suggestions.

We are here to help make this game better. by working together, we can do that.

Floozy, thank you for pointing out that the spell list is not up to date. i am sure that will be fixed in the near future. I would also like to thank you for bringing up your concerns about the quest. I am also sure that will be looked into and resolved. 

Ddhanna

Offline Floozy

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 08:17:58 pm »

I am very very sorry if I have upset anyone David.

This is meant to be a very very light-hearted discussion - with plenty of jokes, and "teases".

I am pretty sure that by now Cleo knows me quite well so he wouldn't take any offense unless I "crossed a line"!  It is because I respect Cleo that I dare to "confront him" like this!!!!!

Very very sorry again David - I now have to ask Cleo whether its okay for me to continue this kind of "discussion".

Is it okay please Mr Cleo?
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 09:25:55 pm »

i only want to make sure that if others read this, they dont get the wrong idea.

Cleo has a good since of humor, so i dont think he took anything wrong way.

have a great day and thanks again

Ddhanna 
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 10:37:25 am »

Floozy, IIRC there's a bug report filed to update the spells info both on the web site and in-game. :)

http://bugzilla.atrinik.org/show_bug.cgi?id=131
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 12:33:16 am »

hehe, ya i agree with floozy on that....with mobs that are low level casting spells way above their level. so far ive got 3 spells "on hold" cause it says im too low level to get them *shrug* then again im 67 ph and 43 MA, im finding it hard to raise MA now cause the Meteor spell ive got cant kill mobs off (ive got to save back mana in the crystal, use all mana, tap the crystal, blow that, then remove eq so my mana recharges for 2 more casting while healing like crazy.) and MB is even worse, it blows thru mana FAST but doesnt do much damage. ive been looking all over the place for somewhere to go besides UC2 to level MA in.....any other place ive missed? well theres the Ruins, any other 50-60 level dungeon to exp in?

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: