linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik Servers  >  Main Server  >  Updates
linktree Topic: [10 Oct 2010] Vielumin Ruins and new ammunition types
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [10 Oct 2010] Vielumin Ruins and new ammunition types  (Read 4418 times)
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« on: October 10, 2010, 06:20:05 pm »

Vielumin Ruins, a new dungeon, can be found deep within the Burnt Forest, which can be found east of the waterfall on Eld Woods Island (on the southern side of the river). The area is lvl 20-60 and was made by Idicus and Kiana.

Various new types of ammunition were added, including arrows/bolts/stones/etc of elemental damage (fire, cold, etc), of returning (return to owner instead of dropping to the ground with a chance to break), of speed (faster firing rate than normal) and more. They can be found from any monster, but some only drop at higher levels.

Another minor change you might notice is that remove depletion now costs less.
Offline Floozy

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:18:14 pm »

Great Dungeon :) Many thanks to the designers Idicus and Kiana.

I did think that in the Smithy area they should have dropped goodies like an Amulet of infinite beauty - I don't need one myself, of course, but others may benefit from it :)

As for the researchers in the library - well, I suppose icestorm may be less damaging to books than firestorm!

I am looking forward to the new ammo when I collect enough after 100 years.

Kind regards
Floozy
XOX
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 04:41:01 am »

Well the chance to find such ammo is relatively high -- back when the special ammo consisted of accuracy, inaccuracy, slaying and assassination, the chance for any dropped missile to get the bonus was 1/20. Now it's 40% for "normal" ammo (regular arrows, bolts, etc), 30% for woodlanders ammo, etc.
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:18:01 am »

bugger, i found a mistake in the dungeon

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline Floozy

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 05:08:59 pm »

Dear Idi :) When code is released into Atrinik there are no "mistakes", just "features", which as we all know can happen very often.  Please don't panic :)
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 12:33:21 am »

Need some screenies of the Ruins to post on FB. :) Pls?  :mrgreen:
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 04:42:49 am »

I would but I cant! Alas, it is way above my level! Btw, wazzup nitestar! (sorry, off-topic)

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: