linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik Servers  >  Main Server  >  Updates
linktree Topic: [20 Sep 2010] Strakewood Remake
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 Sep 2010] Strakewood Remake  (Read 4752 times)
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« on: September 20, 2010, 12:26:15 pm »

After a month's worth of work, the Strakewood Remake is finished.

This increases the world size from ~15x15 maps to 20x80 maps, and adds over 300 new maps to Strakewood Island. There are many new places to explore, quests to complete, and various new effects, like map stacking (currently only works properly in DWC, which will be getting released soon as well).

Lyondale Archipelago has a new small island and a lvl 50-115 dungeon, which can be assessed by a portal in 4th level of Wizards' Tower.

There are several new libraries around the world with various levels of books; the 4th level of Wizards' Tower, Brynknot bank upstairs, and more.

IMPORTANT: It is possible you will find yourself stuck on Strakewood Island when you log in for the first time; the Strakewood Island got changed so much that you may find yourself in a bunch of trees, unable to escape or similar. If this is the case, use /stuck command to get teleported to Brynknot church immediately (the command can only be used once per player).

Enjoy!
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 04:58:05 am »

Nice work Cleo, i have been waiting for it to be released.
i am sure players will enjoy all of the additions...

Offline nobbit
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:16:49 pm »

wow - i just talk a walk through it, using the world viewer ... amazing large and amazing nice. great job!

I found a map that has some white space in it, may be that is intented. if so ignore the link below, if not it might help u ;)

http://worldviewer.atrinik.org/?map=shattered_islands/world_0918

Edit: forget it - it IS intentionally left white, sorry

Edit 2: but where does this path lead?

http://worldviewer.atrinik.org/?map=shattered_islands/world_0815
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:19:02 pm by nobbit »  Logged
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 07:24:43 pm »

Invisible exits right after the gate and magic mirrors showing entrance part of the cave where you get teleported when walking past the gate.
Offline nobbit
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 07:28:13 pm »

quick as always :P if this is too much of a spoiler, just edit the former post ;)
Offline Floozy

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 02:42:44 pm »

Floozy's ignorance: I thought a magic mirror meant that another location appeared to be (from) there - and a teleport meant you moved (to) there - so the two combined I would think effectively merge locations crossing between two map files.

I don't understand how it can be a spoiler pointing out that a "map trick" has been played - if it is done correctly and players can't tell the difference, of course!

Lots of love
Floozy

[Edit] Of course - such map tricks would fool the "map viewer" of course - which is why Nobbit noticed it!  A better version of the map viewer may be required! - I am NOT volunteering (I did investigate at one time when Kiana mentioned how long it takes, but gave up!)

[Edit2] Which may be why it was done this way in the first place! - To disguise the connection from "casual" map-viewers!

Shut up Floozy - you are thinking too much!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 02:52:46 pm by Floozy »  Logged
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 06:07:08 pm »

In case anyone missed it, a boat connection between Brynknot and Asteria was added 28th Sep 2010 (kobold trader south of Asteria will allow you access to his boat if you ask him nicely).
Offline Floozy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 10:23:39 pm »

I tried - and missed it.  There are no signs "Kobold Trader" or any other indication of a boat that I could see when I went exploring South of Asteria - perhaps the mobs have removed the signs? Or perhaps the trader is actually within Asteria?
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 04:31:05 am »

The swamp witch stole the sign. :mrgreen:

(added the sign, look for a path in the swamp south of Asteria)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: