linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  General Chat
linktree Topic: Floozy Rant 101025
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floozy Rant 101025  (Read 1742 times)
Offline Floozy

« on: October 25, 2010, 09:26:21 pm »

Hi Darlings :)

I have recently been delving into the maps etc.: ever since Kiana mentioned that it took ages to generate the world overview I got interested :)

I now have a "quick scanner" of the world_* surface maps.  I can tell, for example, that world_0538 is difficulty level 4 but all the surrounding maps (in Asteria) are level 40. If this type of information is useful please let me know.

One of the things I am investigating is "lost keys" (there may be none- but I have a suspicion) so I check doors: WOW - a typical archetype name for a door is "door1_locked". Is there a key to this door? Well, unless the map changes the defaults for this object it can be opened by any Tom; Dick; or Harry without requiring a key.

What brainless twerp named these "door1_locked" and caused me to waste time searching for the key?

Kind regards Floozy
P.S. Please ignore my rants - I get into a better mood in the Summer :)
P.P.S. The Smell-Checker is awful - it queried Kiana's name and she is one of the Top people!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:28:22 pm by Floozy »  Logged
Offline Gramlath
Developer

Laser is not difficult...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:19:08 am »

I now have a "quick scanner" of the world_* surface maps.  I can tell, for example, that world_0538 is difficulty level 4 but all the surrounding maps (in Asteria) are level 40. If this type of information is useful please let me know.

Interesting.  Either I missed a 0 or there was a 4 in there from before.  Those were all 1 before, I thought.  Probably was the former.

P.S. Most keys are handled with inv_checkers instead of just doors... *wink*
Offline Floozy

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 09:03:54 am »

Glad to be of help :)

The only other obvious surface-world difficulty level misnomers are world_0634(Asteria) and world_1038 (Asteria docks) which are both level 1 so if there was ever a "town raid" in Asteria any mobs killed in those places would yield much lower-level bounty!

I have noticed that world_1839 is headed the same as the wizard tower island in the Lyondale archipelago - the map (page) is entirely water (i.e. sea) so I assume that was just a bad day for Cleo!

Also its quite funny that the Mercenary Guild basement in Brynknot is displayed as "Brynknot Sewers" in the client! I realise that is because the rest of the sewers "share" the same "area" (i.e. linked map tiles), but it is peculiar for a player nevertheless!

Please let me know if it is useful to make these type of comments :)

Kind regards
Floozy
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:27:36 am »

Also its quite funny that the Mercenary Guild basement in Brynknot is displayed as "Brynknot Sewers" in the client! I realise that is because the rest of the sewers "share" the same "area" (i.e. linked map tiles), but it is peculiar for a player nevertheless!

Please let me know if it is useful to make these type of comments :)

Thank you for that useful comment :) When I made the sewers I added any maps below Brynknot to these maps to create some realism. However, a map title is set per map. I'll separate the merc guild from the sewers tonight.
Once again thanks for the comments ;)
~Kiana~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: