linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: The Halloween Maps?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Halloween Maps?  (Read 3411 times)
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« on: October 02, 2010, 01:18:23 am »

Who is gonna make them? If so, do you or they need any help??

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 06:29:54 pm »

in my opinion, a rpg shouldn't have holiday event stuff. it detracts from the rp value for me
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »

in my opinion, a rpg shouldn't have holiday event stuff. it detracts from the rp value for me

Aye!
~Kiana~
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 07:21:27 pm »

hmmm we dont have any halloween Maps? bugger, why didnt someone say so a few weeks ago?

if needed i can try and map some halloween maps

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline Floozy

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:53:45 pm »

Hello all

In Floozy's extremely humble opinion simple Holiday maps are a good idea: enjoyable for the players and I think relatively easy for the developers.  I agree that they can detract the rp value if badly designed.

So, if holiday maps are required, maybe just a "simple" map with ghostly monsters and a few of Cleo's "jokes" to spice things up (only a tiny bit, please!).  These could easily be newly discovered "caves" (where the entrance collapses after a few weeks) so the role-playing experience "realism" is retained :)

Kind regards
Your ever-loving Floozy
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 06:04:29 am »

A new hole appeared just outside of the city, there are strange sounds coming from the hole. everyone is afraid of entering the hole because those sounds. Those that have tired have come out afraid, they can only see a couple of feet in front of them even with the best of lighting. what is in the hole?, why is it there?, who will enter the hole to see what lies inside? Please help us, we can not sleep at night because of the noises coming from that hole. Please my friend, help us........

Do you accept?
or Decline?

:twisted:
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:04:59 am »

As always you come up with some great suggestions Floozy!

Some ideas I had for the in-game equivalent of Halloween:
- Make use of day/night for spawns, exits and possibly surroundings.
- Have an NPC with funny powers wander around the world in the month/week of RL Halloween. It may hand out candy or turn players into a vampire/skeleton/witch/etc.. (by changing their animation for, say, 24 hours of playing), a surprise each year ;)

The in-game equivalent of Halloween would occur during the respective in-game month. It's more of an idea to use the in-game calendar more often, rather than it decreasing roleplay experience. In fact, walking around looking like a monster significantly increases roleplaying :D

~Kiana~

In reply to Ddhanna: Would be fun to have such a hole near each city, to entertain players of all levels too :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:07:17 am by Kiana »  Logged
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 02:13:34 pm »

well nice to be ignored. screw the maps then.

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 06:29:44 pm »

Some nice ideas in this topic.

Idicus, you are free to create maps and submit them to be looked at. Even if you should fail the deadline for Halloween, there's always the next year, or they might be used for something else.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 10:30:41 am »

This makes me wonder now; will Santa and his reindeer be seen flying throughout the realms during Christmas? I think also, it's nice to decorate the towns for Christmas but not necessarily needing a Christmas map (or other holiday maps). Decorating the towns is cool, and throwing in some extra elements (maybe some random mobs in the wilderness or even in town ...).

Hrm, maybe next year, we can all sit around in the pumpkin patch waiting for The Great Pumpkin?
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 10:42:18 am »

Santa flying around and dropping (fake) mithril coins would be fun indeed.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 10:47:33 am »

Hrm, maybe also some mischievous things could be falling from Santa's sleigh. Maybe players could help Santa fend off an attack of Santa's Workshop elves who have gone on strike. Also, Santa could be nice and drop some decent items from time to time -- not anything like a real mith coin but something useful, or something collectible (candy canes, etc). That would be cool :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: