linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  General Chat
linktree Topic: Feedback
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 1970 times)
Offline Floozy

« on: September 27, 2010, 04:51:21 pm »

I am starting to dislike the game.

With the map now so large, I can spend a long time simply walking or running to get from one place to the other.  Along the way there are  too many delays and annoyances for a player at my level - e.g. mobs who can cause me damage unless I kill them, but from whom I get no experience.

The fighting balance in "new" dungeons has been significantly altered, for example if I fight a "blue" who can throw 10 or more ice bombs at a time I will die any time that salvo is fired (without hope of surviving).  This is contrary to the normal Dungeons-and-Dragons philosophy and game-play.  I play Atrinik as an AD&D game where I can understand the rules, not where the rules themselves have been "re-invented".

Please don't respond "destructively" with things like "draw a map" or "get ice protection" or "learn new rules" - that will not help me at all, and I am trying to help you by giving you feedback.

I am crying a little as I write this.  I hope I will continue to play.
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 07:24:31 pm »

Brynknot might need a boat connection to Asteria -- perhaps a little boat maintained by that kobold guy on the small island south of Asteria. Or Dragons Transport from Aris to Asteria.

There was no fighting balance altered. You don't have to fight in dungeons you have a disadvantage. By "ice bombs" I assume you mean asteroids, yes? It is impossible for 10 or more to be fired at once at you from another spell caster -- all the frost giants in Ice Cave can only cast 1 at a time, or 3 at a time from distance of 6 or more tiles.
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 02:16:19 am »

thank you for the feed back, as maps are added and the world gets bigger, shortcuts of some sort will have to be put in place.
 The Dev team works hard at making new maps and putting them up so you can play. They dont always see things from a players point of view. So comments like yours are can be helpful to the Dev team.

Thank you
David
Offline Floozy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 07:24:16 pm »

Thank you for the "thank you" friend ddhanna - I felt you really understand what I am trying to say :) We are only trying to be helpful, even if I am feeling a little "anti" !!!!!!!!!

Love Floozy AKA Karon XOX
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 07:32:42 pm by Floozy »  Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: