linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Graphics and Arches
linktree Topic: "Assembly Helper" portion of Crossmagi - updated screen shot
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Assembly Helper" portion of Crossmagi - updated screen shot  (Read 9209 times)
Offline Ghost

Do not read this or you will go bli
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 02:17:35 am »

Hey, if you give me a few images I can recolor and maybe completely edit them into something differnet.

Collector of Chilis and Gems/Pearls/Nuggets of all size and type
Offline JLittle
Contributor

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 03:24:23 am »

Sorry for the delay, I'm doing some really cool stuff with the GUI interface so that you can edit the animations without editing the files.

Here is where you can get images of things I've made or converted: http://crossmagi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/crossmagi/Assembly_Helper/

Inside here is everything - including the source for the program.  There are folders for graphics:

Humanoid - elfs, humans etc... basic body parts
Daemons - more body parts
shield - most of these are "giant sized" that need much smaller versions
weapons - swords and such.   These too are much too big
clothing - shirts, armor etc..

At this point, find some graphics, such as http://sourceforge.net/projects/rltiles/ (which we can use the art from if we credit them - I've actually got permmision directly years ago) or even current graphics from Atrinik, and put the special "frame" around them that species where the graphics join together.

Also, the program as of now only uses 8bit 256 color graphics.  The background color must be transparent and the upper left corner must be the background as well.

Some items must have multiple views - the 1st graphic is "directly away" or NW.  The rest are clockwise rotation. 

notes: 

shirts must be broken into base parts -  torso & sleves. 

Pants are just 2 parts for each leg.  see examples

Weapons have a 2nd point defined which eventually be used for some sort of magic effect... or blood

Staffs have 2 points, one for fighting and one for walking ( eventualy)

Hopefully the assembly helper will be ready for a alpha release soon.  If you are a linux person, you probably can get it working now.

You can send graphics to me here or a jlittle at sric dot com.  Please tell me if you made them yourself (if so, what is license) or where you got the original from so we can keep that all in place.  I will put them into the SVN for crossmagi. 

Offline JLittle
Contributor

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »

I made alot of progress on an "In GUI" editor for animations:

There seems to be a problem with the rotation when the legs are "straight down".
Offline Ghost

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 04:38:34 am »

Hrm, me and .tar files don't get along. mind putting it all in a .zip?

Offline ryano
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 02:16:02 pm »

Here you go inactive:http://rapidshare.com/files/419956244/Assembly_Helper.zip.

If you want you can check out inactive:http://www.7-zip.org, I've always found it capable of handling most if not all file archives.

Offline JLittle
Contributor

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 08:33:29 pm »

I've fixed the anoying "bump" the legs do when they are straight.   I'm currently trying to be able to rotate from the waist.  (so they can lean back when making a "sparta kick".  While I'm at it, I'm going to implement an "overlay" system to reduce rotations and ensure that if a piece of clothing covers something, it stays covered.
Offline Ghost

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 02:22:43 am »

Man, I cannot get the assembly_helper program to work. Even after I uzipped it... Help?

Offline JLittle
Contributor

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 02:54:18 am »

ok, I will try to duplicate the problem.

[Update]

I was able to talk with _ghost_ on IRC and we were able to get it going.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:37:00 am by JLittle »  Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: