linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik News  >  Developers' Corner
linktree Topic: New way to collect arches
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New way to collect arches  (Read 4145 times)
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« on: August 14, 2010, 02:57:58 am »

About half a month ago I changed the way archetypes are collected in the repo (but forgot to make an announcement about it). The repo no longer contains pre-collected archetypes; developers should now use the collect.py script in the tools directory. This script obsoletes Gridarta collection feature, and adds support for .trs and .art files (the script collects them into 'treasures' and 'artifacts' files, respectively, which the server loads).

Note that using Gridarta to load up archetypes (instead of loading collected ones) is still recommended, as Gridarta checks for various errors in the definitions, while the collect script does not.

For the map maker package, nothing changes; the archetypes will be available pre-collected, but if a map maker wants to add/change archetypes/artifacts/etc, they will have to run the script.
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 10:25:14 am »

bugger, i just looked in tools and i cant see that script file anywhere Cleo

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:57:48 am »

Like I said, for the (current) map maker package nothing changes. The script will be there when a new map maker package is released; and even then you won't need to worry about it unless you add/change archetypes.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 01:30:38 pm »

Can it be run with just python installed? I haven't used it yet, just removed the extension of those files and it works like a charm. Collecting with AtrinikEditor.jar -c takes 30 seconds max for me anyway.
~Kiana~
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38:54 pm »

Yes, Python 2.6 or 3.1, both should work. And yes, removing extension from those two files works *now*, but soon the treasures file should be split (so, for example, drow_mage.trs, skel_mage.trs, etc), and artifacts will eventually follow suit, and then it will need the script (Gridarta will not support .trs and .art files).

The script takes 1 second here; Gridarta with that -c option takes 20-30, so it's much faster to change archetypes/animations/images/etc.
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 05:12:30 pm »

ahhhh, ok, New MapMakper eh? cool! cant wait. i was worried cause ive renamed all the mobs in my mapset which SHOULD be completed today.
i just went with 9 maps for the dungeon, i might add a 2nd level to it later on.

Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 05:42:27 pm »

ahhhh, ok, New MapMakper eh? cool! cant wait. i was worried cause ive renamed all the mobs in my mapset which SHOULD be completed today.
i just went with 9 maps for the dungeon, i might add a 2nd level to it later on.

You renamed the mobs on the maps. You don't have to recollect arches for that, as you haven't changed (and shouldn't) the original arch files. No need to worry :)
~Kiana~
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:39:42 pm »

Yep thats what Cleo said.... but he also said "new mapmaker" thats what im looking forward too

Offline ghost101

Necroposter :P
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:02 pm »

So, when the new mapmaker comes out I can't keep using my w32_collect_arches.bat? (w32_atrinik_editor) Kiana told me how to make it collect arches.

I keel yew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: