linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Newbie's suggestions
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie's suggestions  (Read 1764 times)
Offline Missizecks
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:06:37 am »

I've played Atrinik since yesterday, but i'm quite experienced in mmorpg. I have a list of suggestions(not grieves, just the things which would make the game better):

-Being able to read back the first signs, as i wanted to read back the one about the bags and couldn't

-An explanation on stats, how do strength, dexterity and so on influe on your skills and fights

-A self-drawing overview map and a quest log

-Line of sight not blocked by trees but reduced, make character remember what he has seen(if a zone was visited by the player, he still sees it even if LoS is blocked but not the ennemies, perhaps in grey kind of fog of war)

-Damages per seconds on weapon description. (Hard to choose between dmg+5 @ 2.7 sec and dmg +4 @ 2.15 sec)

-A way to see status ailments(disease, poison,...)

-A way to see Atrinik's time(dawn, day, evening, night)

-Ranged attack going on your target instead of 1 of 8 directions. You absolutely need to be in line with your target and at the speed they move it's pretty hard to pull a mob with a crossbow to finish it with your dagger in a corner, thus reducing strategy

-Dual-wield Daggers. Perhaps with a quest when you have 10 in physical. The time delay would be the sum of both weapons and would reduce with skill improve

-A crafting and/or an enchanting/improving equipment feature(improve = damages, enchant = added effect)

-A better skill's XP distribution. For now, i think that's not logic at all. 2 examples:
a) X fights a mob with his sword and kill it with 1 damage dealing spell/prayer => all XP to the spell, thus favorising exploits
b) Y pulls a mob with her crossbow, fights it with her dagger and use a prayer to recover HPs during the fight => heal and ranged attacks will never raise, thus lowering strategic capacities
I think it would be better to get a % of XP depending on skill's use during the fight. By example (with easy numbers):X gives 9 sword hit and 1 spell hit: slash receives 90% of the XP it should get and spell receives 10%
During a fight, there would be a counter which would list how much times skills are used. At XP calculation, it would calculate (number of times the skill was used * 100)/(total number of times all skills were used) like (9 slash * 100)/10 total skill use in the earlier example
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 09:14:41 am »

Great ideas, a few of which already are implemented (you just don't know about them as the help files might be missing):

-A self-drawing overview map and a quest log

This is available on the web site at http://worldviewer.atrinik.org/

As for a quest log, that's the "q" key in-game -- it keeps track of both open and completed quests.

-A way to see status ailments(disease, poison,...)

Not quite certain what you mean by this?

-A way to see Atrinik's time(dawn, day, evening, night)

This is implemented with the /time command, I think ... the connection to the main server is down again so I can't check to be certain right now. :(

-A better skill's XP distribution. For now, i think that's not logic at all. 2 examples:
a) X fights a mob with his sword and kill it with 1 damage dealing spell/prayer => all XP to the spell, thus favorising exploits
b) Y pulls a mob with her crossbow, fights it with her dagger and use a prayer to recover HPs during the fight => heal and ranged attacks will never raise, thus lowering strategic capacities
I think it would be better to get a % of XP depending on skill's use during the fight. By example (with easy numbers):X gives 9 sword hit and 1 spell hit: slash receives 90% of the XP it should get and spell receives 10%
During a fight, there would be a counter which would list how much times skills are used. At XP calculation, it would calculate (number of times the skill was used * 100)/(total number of times all skills were used) like (9 slash * 100)/10 total skill use in the earlier example

This is in the works, and the developers are discussing among themselves the best way to implement xp being distributed to more than one skill, and the cap on how many skills can earn XP simultaneously (2, 3, 4).

All of your other suggestions are great -- I love them!

Thanks for writing this and for playing -- hope to see you back in-game soon! :)

N*S
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 09:48:26 am »

the game goes by grid so with archery you will have to line up on the mob, i usally get 7-12 spaces away and rapid fire at them, then run back and hit them again.

EXP---- ya the last hit is the skill that gets the exp, makes you work for skill level instead of hitting am mob with 3 different skills/spells and spamming up levels.

as for the diseases/poison--- well you get a message every few minutes, you will get to know each one of them very very well hehe.

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: