linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Community  >  Support
linktree Topic: Atrinik client 1.1.1 application error 0xc0150002
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atrinik client 1.1.1 application error 0xc0150002  (Read 6755 times)
Offline Floozy

« on: August 10, 2010, 10:59:27 am »

Hi again all

While waiting for Cleo to perform his server-resurrection magic, please may I tell you a story.

This computer has Windows XP home edition sp 2.

I noticed there was a new client version (Atrinik 1.1.1) and installed it. On running it the following dialog appeared:
"The application failed to initialise properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Funnily enough I had received exactly the same message when installing the Dai beta 5 test client (which I assume must be similar enough to share start-up code). Deinstalling everything and reinstalling even the beta 4 normal client doesn't work now. I assume that there is something dodgy on this computer (it isn't mine by the way, and the owners are unlikely to let me replace the operating system!!!!)

The "best" advice from microsoft for a c0150002 error (don't laugh!) is to "cleanly" deinstall the original program using the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe) and/or download Windows installer version 4.5 snd reinstall using that. Well the link to download MSICUU2.exe is disabled (its pro'lly buggy!!), and testing installation of the Dai client with the "wiz-bang" MS installer made no difference - c0150002 again!

Luckily I had saved Atrinik version 1.1 and that still works. I am reluctant to completely deinstall the 1.1 version and reinstall because I suspect that then I won't be able to connect at all!

Please note that there is no stdout file created in the 1.1.1 folder so it obviously crashes before the login code.

Anyone got any ideas what else I can try to install 1.1.1 given that this isn't my computer and I don't want to completely deinstall 1.1 just in case?

Kind regards
Floozy
Offline Lippy
Developer
Rantoholic

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:52:16 pm »

Hmm... the only thing I can think of that might cause that is the client switched from MinGW in 1.1 to VC9 in 1.1.1. I think Dai beta 5 also uses VC9 now. Their latest beta 4 client uses VC9 as well, but I'm not sure if you are running that. It should say 0.9.7.1 109 when the client starts up. If you are still running 0.9.7.1 108, then you are running a build compiled with VC8 I think.

However, all those should work on Windows XP. Also, it should work even if multiple versions are installed side-by-side. They use their own settings directories.

I think it might be down to a problem with your runtime libraries. Can you tell me if installing this gets both Atrinik 1.1.1 and Dai beta 5 to work?

The signature isn't ready yet. Come back tomorrow!
Offline Floozy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:06:10 pm »

Lippy you are a Genius :)

Atrinik 1.1.1 client worked immediately - are you sure you want me to test Dai for them????  (Actually I would bet a reasonable amount even though I am poor that it will work).

Many many thanks indeed

Kind regards
Floozy
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »

ya need to update Java to 6.2 floozy

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline Floozy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 02:21:53 pm »

Thank you once again - I will ensure Java runtime is up-to-date on this crank old machine!

I tested Dai beta 5 as well - the client came up with no problem (bet won) but as you know they are in the middle of switching servers/versions.

Take care Oh Clever one!
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:25:47 pm »

Lippy you suckup, but then again Lippy is single and on the hunt, Ya Perv

Offline Floozy

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:39:53 pm »

You are just jealous Idi :):)

I will test Dai 6 client for Mr Lippy now you mention it!!!!!!
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 04:20:08 pm »

jealous?????? hell ya, come cook for me Floozy! *Grins Evilly*

Offline ghost101

Necroposter :P
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 01:42:18 am »

I suggest go on a day he isn't drinking.  ;)

I keel yew.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 04:26:45 am »

I suggest go on a day he isn't drinking.  ;)

I second, third, and fourth that! :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: