linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik Servers  >  Main Server
linktree Topic: Main Server Down
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Main Server Down  (Read 16883 times)
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 10:01:13 am »

Idi, put down the bottle & read: the main server's connection to the Internet is messed up at the moment .... capiche? :p
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 10:06:41 am »

i did read that Nite, but for 3 days? after you said it was working fine for you?

only good thing out of all this i was finally able to get on the local server so now i can go back to tinkering with these last 4 maps, get the walls correct and finish this mapzone off finally.

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 10:23:04 am »

This time last update from the official server was received at Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:46:36 GMT.

Idicus, this has nothing to do with your local server. Did you run the w32_start_server.bat ? Once it says it's waiting for connections you can connect to it using the client and selecting localhost. If it says the connection failed check your firewall and make sure atrinik_server.exe is allowed as well as atrinik.exe. When you get to the next screen where it 'downloads' the server files but not to the login fields you should recollect your arches and run the w32_start_server.bat script again.
~Kiana~
Offline idicus
Developer

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:36 am »

LOL Kiana yes i knew all that, but local server hasnt worked in the last 2 days for me, i just tried it and it finally started working again, but the main game server is dead, it loads up just fine but when i select the game server there isnt a connection.

I am not retreating! i am simply attacking in a different Direction!
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:51 am »

Good that you've figured out the local server. As for the main server, I think you should try again tomorrow. Of course, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I can't do anything about it myself. I could put up a server, but it wouldn't have any of your player files.
~Kiana~
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:00 am »

Got some more information about the recent connection issues: seems the connection cables on my street got broken, randomly dropping network connections for several hours. I have talked with the repairmen and they say it should be fixed now: that's the reason of the 2-hour downtime today (no, I did not get warned beforehand).
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 11:24:23 am »

Cleo,

When the connection goes down for you like that are you able to log into the 'net and check the web site to get notified? Just wanted to know so if it happens again whether or not to PM you. Thanks. Just glad you were able to get it back up so soon and I'm able to complete the traceroute now to the server so it should be working.

Kiana + Cleo,

Could a backup server be hosted by Kiana that would periodically copy all the files from the main server and only go on-line in the event of a main server failure or main server connection failure? A mirror server, if you will? Would that be a solution for backup server?
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 11:41:04 am »

Sorry for the double-post but it's down, AGAIN!  :x
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 11:41:38 am »

Last update has been over ten minutes ago and I can't connect either.

I've put up a test server you can connect to. This way you can experience what the lag would be like. There's just one problem I can think of: I run win7 while the server runs obviously on a Unix-based system. Other than that, for emergencies I wouldn't mind, but it's entirely up to Cleo.
~Kiana~
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:17:30 pm by Kiana »  Logged
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 12:14:30 pm »

Correct, the main server runs GNU/Linux. The player files are not compatible between different operating systems, because the server uses one-way encryption of the player passwords. On GNU/Linux, this is usually a DES-based algorithm. On Windows, there is no encryption.

Back on the topic, the main server is back up, and I got more news about the connection issues: seems the ISP has been doing upgrades in the whole city since August 10 until August 13 (today). According to the email, the upgrades should be done in about 4 hours from now, so that should be when the connection is stable again.
Offline Floozy

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:51 am »

the ISP has been doing upgrades in the whole city

As your tracert proximal server names start wth bts (country=sk) that city wouldn't be Bratislava would it?  Just curious :)
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2010, 11:47:28 am »

Correct.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 02:19:15 am »

Any idea when the main server will be back up? It's been down for a while, again. :(
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 05:49:26 am »

just tried it and it is up
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: