linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Include Angelion deity list...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Include Angelion deity list...  (Read 2807 times)
Offline Gramlath
Developer

Laser is not difficult...
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:21:52 am »

It probably would help to offer the Angelion deities as suggestions for a more diverse pantheon choice for players.  If you guys already have plans for deities, this could be in addition to the ones you want to add.

Already created are the archs and the altars so it should only involve a little tweaking to bring them back to B3 compatibility...

The ones Jlittle and I had created are:
Dalosha - Spider/Drow
Drolaxi - Water/Chaos
Elathiel - Light/Holy
Grumthar - Dwarves
Grunhilde - Warrior/Valkyries
Jotarl - Giants/Orcs
Rashindel - Demons
Rogroth - Storms/Air
Shaligar - Fire
Terria - Earth/Life
Tylowyn - Luck/Elves
Zechna - Death

SVN repository
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:43:31 am »

I think that, while the names might change (or might not, I kinda like them...), it's a great list of the various types of paths that characters can choose to follow in the game, tying spell paths to deities. ;)
Offline Gramlath
Developer

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:17:13 am »

Related image describing the elemental system I had originally envisioned:

Notes: Nether is the lower Aether below the Water/Air/Fire/Earth (WAFE) plane.
Holy is above the WAFE axis.
Demonic is below the WAFE axis.
Racial deities aren't listed specifically.
Tabernacle and Moloch could probably be tied to the greater deities of the appropriate spheres.
Eldath was the Archon that revealed the Tabernacle and is worshiped alongside it conceptually
Dalosha and Tylowyn are ancient elven queens deified.  Tylowyn, first queen of the elves, was the mother of Dalosha, who rebelled and founded the Dark elves (Drow)...
Grumthar is the Dwarven deity of Stone... not specifically tied to these axes but similar to Terria in concept.
Jotarl opposes Grumthar and is closely associated with air, similar to Rogroth but an Orcish and Giantish representation.
Zechna opposes Terria.  (Grumthar is neutral, since stone is neutral)  Zechna is "dead earth" versus Terria's "living earth."
Grunhilde is a warrior deity not specifically elemental.

(P.S. Enosh was the old name of Elathiel.  I changed it later for various reasons but didn't update the image)

* elements.png (8.59 KB, 512x512 - viewed 261 times.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 08:22:59 am by Gramlath »  Logged
Offline ghost101

Necroposter :P
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:26:23 am »

Nice idea.  :up:

I keel yew.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 09:14:30 pm »

Something to consider ... whilst exploring the worlds a bit, we learn from a priest of an elven god:

In our legend, the Tabernacle was crafted by Vashla, the Goddess of Vanity. Some elves believe that this goddess is the God of Tabernacle but I have confirmed that these two are totally different.

Oh certainly Vashla was the Goddess of Vanity. What do you expect? It was very difficult to satisfy her appetite for praise. That was one of the reasons the elves of Eromir refused to worship her. I know it because I once saw the book of liturgy.

Oh I shouldn't make fun of a goddess. Anyway, the point is, deities do not change and Vashla wouldn't have allowed her followers to worship her like you do. As I observe, you do not even have any other ritual than touching the altar, while fully enjoying his gifts.

Resurrections, of course! A great and powerful god he must be.

Hmmm... it leads me to wonder. If the god of Tabernacle is not Vashla, who is he then? What is his purpose and why is he helping you? Maybe your gods are different from Elven gods? Oh don't worry, I was merely thinking out loud."

So any introduction of the gods you've mentioned (which I like the entire paradigm that's being set up, btw, and think it should be introduced into the game) needs to be reconciled with this somehow ....
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:08:13 am by Kiana »  Logged
Offline Gramlath
Developer

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 06:39:47 pm »

... quote from NPC ...

So any introduction of the gods you've mentioned (which I like the entire paradigm that's being set up, btw, and think it should be introduced into the game) needs to be reconciled with this somehow ....

I was thinking about that after I had stumbled across it yesterday.  Shouldn't be too difficult:
Maybe the elves had mistaken the angelic visage of the Archon Eldath (presumably beautiful due to the angelic nature) for their own Vashla and, vain as she is, Vashla simply took the credit?  Maybe she intentionally deceived the elves into conflating them for some reason?  The latter might even justify the described suspicions of the Eromir elves.  It was already implied that the behavior of both entities is quite different...

What also might be interesting is Vashla's relationship to Tylowyn.  Probably a descendant of some sort.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: