linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: Notification to players who are AFK
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notification to players who are AFK  (Read 1502 times)
Offline NiteStar

« on: August 01, 2010, 08:39:20 pm »

There should be a command to send a signal to players who are /AFK that will make some sort of noise on the client. Often when I'm set /AFK it's b/c I'm at my computer or nearby but just doing other things for the moment.

Currently, when someone wants to speak with me and knows this, they have to find me and then cast a spell (usually probe) to get my attention (ghost does this a LOT but finding me often is a problem).

Would be nice to be able to send such a signal to players who are /AFK without having to track them down ....

This is a feature that should be set by the user, so that users who are truly /AFK (gone out or whatever) won't have to hear the sound, or for those who wish not to be disturbed while /AFK.
Offline Lippy
Developer
Rantoholic

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:43:49 pm »

I think a better idea would be to create a client script that would flash the window if you receive a message, like with IMs. Of course, since a script is more or less like a plugin and not part of the client itself, it would be completely optional.

The signature isn't ready yet. Come back tomorrow!
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:48:06 pm »

I'd still want some sort of sound notification, though, as flashing a window that's buried under other maximized windows I'm working in will be unnoticeable by me. But I like the implementation you're talking about, something along those lines would be nice indeed. How soon can you make it happen, Lippy? o.O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: