linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Graphics and Arches
linktree Topic: Hemlock Cave ground tiles
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hemlock Cave ground tiles  (Read 3972 times)
Offline NiteStar

« on: July 31, 2010, 02:22:48 am »

Just realized, the floor in hemlock cave makes it quite difficult to see items (such as ammo) that are on the floor, which makes it a bit difficult to recover errant ammo (those that have missed their mark) and other items, without having to scour each tile on the ground. Perhaps something can be done about this? I'm sure that this ground covering is being used in other areas of the game, so it would help to maybe change the colouring or contrast a bit so items that are dropped on the ground are easier to see?

* hemlock cave ground tiles.png (14.81 KB, 481x426 - viewed 378 times.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:30:03 am by NiteStar »  Logged
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:57:18 am »

I can see those sling stones perfectly fine on a 15" 1280x1024 display (CRT), without zooming the map. Try playing with a smaller resolution 1024x or 800x or zooming the map in the client's map settings.
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:03:28 am »

I play with 1100x700 resolution and the map set to 100% zoom (default). It's not the size or anything it's the colouring. I can see the stones but only after really searching for them. The colouring just makes it difficult to see, at least for me. And I have high-contrast settings ...
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 11:30:21 am »

In that case, I'll have a look at what I can do for you.
Atrinik is not influenced by high contrast settings afaik.
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:56:28 pm »

TY. Just think that the colouring of the sling stones & also bolts is a bit too similar to the ground covering in HC (or rather, vice-versa -- easier to change ground cover colour than slings/bolts/arrows colour), so they tend to get lost as you're running through the cave trying to survive. Sure, if you can spend time to search for your ammo, that's a good thing but realistically it's usually trying to keep your arse from dying fighting off mobs and trying to grab your loot out of corpses. :mrgreen:
Offline Lippy
Developer
Rantoholic

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:15:02 am »

To be fair, when I originally created the Jagged Cave, it actually had this floor and I wasn't too happy with it and I changed it for an earth floor very early on in development. I still have screenshots of it in this early state, before it made it into the Dai CVS. I don't think the floor is really suitable for a large area. It's more suitable as part of decoration in a smaller quantity imo, as it isn't very easy on the eyes when the entire floor is made up of it.

The signature isn't ready yet. Come back tomorrow!
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »

Committed in revision 1637.
~Kiana~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: