linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: New attack color for enemies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New attack color for enemies.  (Read 2772 times)
Offline ghost101

Necroposter :P
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:37 am »

Well, sometimes when your on one side of a enemy its hard to tell what mob did what damage unless you looked in the box to see it but while looking the mob can kill you. So, why not make when a enemy attack make it a red color sorta like this.

* newattackcolor.png (78.42 KB, 640x400 - viewed 255 times.)

I keel yew.
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 04:13:09 am »

Well... why would you want to see the enemy's damage in different color? If you're getting surrounded by red/purple monsters, you'd better run while you can and not care about the damage, while if you're surrounded intentionally (to level a lower level skill, for example), you probably don't care which monster does what damage.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 06:18:40 am »

It just makes things easier to read on-screen, from a player's viewpoint. It's called usability ....
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 06:38:46 am »

There is no usability in such a feature as far as I can see.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 06:46:20 am »

Just b/c you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Don't be shortsighted, Cleo.

Ghost has already stated that it would make seeing certain stats easier, and I agree that it would. Just b/c you don't think there's a need for this, doesn't mean players and users wouldn't be interested in it.
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 07:00:26 am »

If it does exist, then give an example. Otherwise your words are meaningless. As are random features without a reason.
Offline Lippy
Developer
Rantoholic

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 07:02:07 am »

It's inconsistent to make the damage done to you red when it's not done to healing damage too. Does that colour need to be changed if you are healed too? It's not really a good idea imo. I would think keeping an eye on the HP bar would show exactly how much damage your character is receiving and when it's time to run.

The signature isn't ready yet. Come back tomorrow!
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 07:11:08 am »

You change the colour of the text in the status box, and that reflects both damage done unto you (red) and hit points that are healed (green).

Why can't the HP indicator that floats above your avatar on-screen be made the same colours? If anything, it would be MORE consistent, IMO.
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:15:44 am »

To be honest, i dont look to see what damage a mob is doing to me.... if my hp starts going down to fast, i run, it if does not go done fast when being attacked, i stand and fight...
Offline ghost101

Necroposter :P
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 09:10:03 am »

Well, i assume this discussion is over and well looking at the hp bar is more easier then going through the trouble to change the color of numbers. So locking topic. :p

I keel yew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: