linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik Servers  >  Main Server  >  Updates
linktree Topic: [22 Jul 2010] Greyton Luxury House
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [22 Jul 2010] Greyton Luxury House  (Read 8262 times)
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« on: July 22, 2010, 07:20:44 pm »

A new kind of apartments has been released: luxury house. In the future, these houses will be around the world, but for now, only one is available, in Greyton, east of the church.

The house agency in Greyton can sell you the Greyton Luxury House for just 150 gold coins, but there's a catch: every day you must pay 50 silver coins. This is done automatically whenever you enter or leave the house, but if you are unable to pay (not enough money on hand or in bank), you will not be able to enter the house, but you will be able to enter the area around the house itself and Everlink (see below about what Everlink is). Also if you don't pay for, say, 10 days, you will have to pay the fee for each day anyway.

Everlink is a secret area somewhere in the world, which can only be accessed from a luxury house. House owners can meet up there from any part of the world where they own a house. There is a tavern for hanging out, item destroyer, and most of all, the construction skill, which is what makes the houses special. You can learn this skill for 10 gold coins, and buy materials so you can customize your house to your liking. More information can be learned by talking to the construction skill teacher in Everlink.

Once you enter the Greyton Luxury House, you will notice from the inside that it's very small, but the east wall can be destroyed using 'construction destroyer' with the construction skill. You will need to destroy it all to build yourself, but you can save a few gold coins if you make use of the walls already there (otherwise you'll have to buy more wall materials).

Both Everlink and Greyton Luxury House feature a new NPC, called the bard: he can control the background music of his map and maps near him, so you can tell him which music to play, and he will play it instead of the default, with also an option to turn off the background music.

Attached you can find two screenshots of the Greyton Luxury House.

* lux_house.png (314.28 KB, 1127x822 - viewed 496 times.)

* lux_house2.png (245.37 KB, 1127x822 - viewed 502 times.)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 07:31:28 pm by Cleo »  Logged
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 10:01:39 pm »

nicely done Cleo.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:33:59 pm »

It's too expensive for me, reaaaally expensive.
I'm sure it will keep the rich people busy :P
Everlink looks nice, as does the house.
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:20:43 am »

Way too expensive, especially the maintenance. And then what if you don't play for a few months for whatever reason and come back? I think the fees need to be readjusted to be more in-line with the game's current economy. Maybe in the future people will have all this money to throw around but the one person I know who bought a house had to use up practically all his money to do so.

So either make money more readily available (increase the price shop pays?) or lower the pricing schema for this wonderful new feature.

Oh, and btw, nice job Cleo!  :mrgreen:
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 09:49:57 am »

No prices will be adjusted. By "way too expensive" I meant for me personally. The purpose of the house from an economy perspective is to have a money sink for rich guys. Of course they'll enjoy decorating their buildable house. And if they get bored and richer, maybe redecorating it? ;)
~Kiana~
Online Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 10:38:39 pm »

I adjusted the fees system slightly, so it only takes daily fees for the time you've been using the house. To quote the manager NPC:

Note that if you don't pay, for, say, 20 days, you won't have to pay for all those days that you did not use your house.
Offline ddhanna
Main Server Mod
Contributor

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 06:54:47 pm »

sounds good to me.... 8)
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 10:51:59 pm »

My idea :) You pay each time you visit the house, with a maximum of paying once per day. Anyway, the prices haven't been adjusted.
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 05:12:06 pm »

Erm, you mean they HAVE been adjusted, no?
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 07:37:59 pm »

Price remains the same. Only the system changed.
~Kiana~
Offline nobbit
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 04:14:25 pm »

are we talking abt in game-days or rl-days?
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 08:59:06 pm »

IRL days, not IG days, IIRC. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: