linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Development  >  Suggestions
linktree Topic: A minimap to the side?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A minimap to the side?  (Read 3235 times)
Offline ghost101

Necroposter :P
« on: July 09, 2010, 03:32:19 am »

This maybe going into copying RuneScape too much but I sometimes get lost in-game and so I think a minimap would be fine of course not so good graphics just simple map showing walls and buildings and a name of course. But before going into a city you have to learn about it in a church. for the name to show up.

I keel yew.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:19:53 am »

IF it ever gets implemented I suggest to store the maps, encrypted, in the client's files.
Only add to it what the player has discovered.

However, some mapsets (e.g. almost any maze, loki temple, ..) depend on not being able to see a map.
~Kiana~
Offline ghost101

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:21:12 am »

Then Loki Temple wont be a map on the minimap my first release of it will most likely have poor graphics and then i will perfect it as time goes by.
And if its a maze it'll say 'No map available' or any place that doesn't need to be discovered
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 09:25:45 am by Kiana »  Logged

I keel yew.
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 09:26:17 am »

I think you're looking for maps as items.
Open it like a book and see the map of a town.
Would be interesting.
~Kiana~
Offline ghost101

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:19:40 pm »

Yes

I keel yew.
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 09:09:55 am »

I actually like both ideas, and for certain areas (some dungeons, perhaps, those that are maze-like or require puzzle-solving) maps wouldn't be available. This, of course, would require a new parameter in maps, a "mapping" attribute, so that the mapmaker can determine whether the map is (by default) or is not mappable via the map overview, whether by maps that operate like scrolls and you open to view them, or by a mini-mapping "engine" that the player has access to, such as their inventory ....
Offline Mamoru
Developer
Edwin Miltenburg

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:42:41 am »

Have you tried the worldmap?
Which is, btw, outdated.
~Kiana~
Offline NiteStar

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 03:34:36 am »

Hrm, something like that but in-game, and with the ability to place labels or flags on certain parts of the map....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: