linktree Atrinik.org - Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game  >  Atrinik News  >  Developers' Corner
linktree Topic: Main client frozen for development
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Main client frozen for development  (Read 2368 times)
Offline Cleo
Developer
Alex Tokar

« on: July 03, 2010, 06:24:57 pm »

Client from the main branch is now frozen for development, and shall only receive security updates and/or minor bugfixes. All client development continues in the dwc branch, which will eventually get merged to the main branch, superseding the main client.

Talking about the main client, it might be worth it to push out 1.1.1, since various bugs have been fixed in main client since 1.1, including the rare character freezes, making faces/animations dynamic (with the technical limit of 32,767 faces/animations), the alt+tab quickslots bug (I think I fixed it, though I could not reproduce it, since no-one actually gave me any useful instructions how to reproduce it), few pixels of left map corner being cut off, etc.
Offline Lippy
Developer
Rantoholic

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 07:43:50 pm »

Yeah, the character freezing is the main issue that deserves a 1.1.1 release I think. I experienced it at least once a day with 1.1. The other fixes are either minor bugfixes or are updates to make it so that a new client doesn't need releasing with certain server updates, which means they were going to be lumped in with the next client update anyway if any issue popped up that warranted it.

Never managed to reproduce the alt+tab quickslots bug here. It seemed to work as it should. But yeah, I didn't know the exact steps either. Using Windows 7 x64 here.

The signature isn't ready yet. Come back tomorrow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: