Would you like other people to see your server in their client's server list?
You may add your server to the metaserver. That way it will show up on the server list that the Atrinik Client displays, as well as on the site
For this tutorial I assume you have already succeeded in completing all of the following steps
- Checkout Atrinik Repository.
- Compile Atrinik Server.
- Collect arches.
- Add exception for Atrinik Server to your Firewall.
- Forward port 13327 from your LAN router to your PC, if applicable.
Note that you may choose to use a different port for hosting the Atrinik Server.Server info
In order to make your server known to the metaserver you will need to provide the following information
- The name of the server. This could be anything from "Testserver X" to "Fantasia"
- A description of or a comment about the server. It could mention the server administrator (You!) and what is special about this server.
- A public hostname that resolves to the IP that is sending the metaserver update request. Without this, people won't be able to connect.
- Port number, 13327 by default.
In Atrinik 3.0 and versions prior to that, the file server/data/settings
Newer versions make use of server-custom.cfg
in the server
directory, if such a file exists.
The default server configuration is stored in server.cfg
. This file should be left untouched.
The server startup scripts server.bat
automatically check for custom server settings.Example
server_name = Atrinik Testserver
server_desc = Official testserver maintained by Atrinik Team. Developer client needed to connect.
server_host = game.atrinik.org
port = 13326
Other custom server settings should also be added to this file.
Please keep in mind that every Atrinik Client will see the list of servers known to the metaserver.
Servers may be blacklisted on the metaserver by an administrator.